Adobe Framemaker/FM9 -- unable to select/delete object

I'm currently making revisions to a FrameMaker document.  One of the revisions involves adding boxes to an existing set of 7 identically sized boxes laid out horizontally.  I added (via copy and paste) one such box, but now I wish to delete it.  However, I cannot even select it in order to move it or delete it.  I can easily click on other objects on the page and the handles immediately appear around them, indicating they've been selected.  But not the object I wish to remove.  What am I doing wrong here?

Todd - Without seeing your document, I can only guess as to what might be happening.
Try the following:
1. If the "boxes" are in a text frame.
2. Make sure you have the "graphic" icon selected (upper right icon) of the tool/graphic icons). On the right side of the Frame document - this is the triangle icon.
A. Start outside of the main text frame and drag around all of the boxes.
If all but the one box is selected, then:
2. Go to your Master Page and ensure that it is not on the Master Page, if this doesn't work, go back to the body page.
3. Back on the body page, select the main text frame and go to the MENU BAR - Select GRAPHIC - SEND TO BACK. Now try and select the box you want to delete.
If the above doesn't work you can email me the file and I will take a look at it.

Regards, Wayne

Adobe Framemaker

Wayne Johnson

Basic set-up of books, master pages, generation of List of Effective pages (LEP), Indexing, auto-numbering. Various ways to import graphics, including advantages and disadvantages of importing into a text frame or importing into a "blank" page. Using a "book" to generate PDF files, with hyperlinking. Customization of function keys, currently setup for Frame 7.0 i.e. change F1 to turn "Change bar" On and Off, F2 to "Cut" a selection, F3 to copy, F4 to Paste, F6 to set line to "TOP OF PAGE" and Shift F6 to start line "anywhere" these can be easily your current config files and if you do not like them - old config files can be restored. I have no expertise in Structured Framemaker, (i.e. XML or SGML).

10 years working with Framemaker, all version through Version 7.0
Primarily writing to Aviation ATA spec 100. Currently responsible for maintaining all company published maintenance documents in Framemaker and PDF and making them accessible through the company intranet.