Adobe Framemaker/Frame 8 book error log

For two of the chapters in my book i get a laundry list of "Print Settings" errors when i compile the book:

"Print setting for color Black is inconsistent."
"Print setting for color Cyan is inconsistent."
"Print setting for color Magenta is inconsistent."
"Print setting for color Yellow is inconsistent."

for each of about 10 colors. The manual is not in color. Is this a printer problem.  How can I get rid of this list?

Carol - All this means is the color settings are different then the file that proceeds it, in your book.
For some reason Frame seems to do this once in awhile even though you are not doing anything with colors.
An example: If you had conditional text in Document A and assigned the color "RED" to "Deleted Text" and in the next document (Document B) the color "GREEN" was assigned to "Deleted Text" then you would get an error message something like "Deleted Text is Inconsistent."

If you are just printing Black and White there should be no problem when you print your document and even if you were printing in color there might not be a problem if you are not using the "condition" that is different between the 2 documents, (i.e as in the above example you are not using the Conditional Statement "deleted text."

You can try the following to get all documents the same.
1. MAKE A BACK-UP OF YOR FILES- before proceeding.
2. Open the Book and open the first file in your Book
3. Now with the Book Selected (or all files in the Book Selected) - go to the Menu Bar and Select FILE - IMPORT - FORMATS.
4. Unselect all items except "COLOR DEFINITIONS" - then select IMPORT.
5. This should make all color definations the same.
Regards, Wayne.

Adobe Framemaker

Wayne Johnson

Basic set-up of books, master pages, generation of List of Effective pages (LEP), Indexing, auto-numbering. Various ways to import graphics, including advantages and disadvantages of importing into a text frame or importing into a "blank" page. Using a "book" to generate PDF files, with hyperlinking. Customization of function keys, currently setup for Frame 7.0 i.e. change F1 to turn "Change bar" On and Off, F2 to "Cut" a selection, F3 to copy, F4 to Paste, F6 to set line to "TOP OF PAGE" and Shift F6 to start line "anywhere" these can be easily your current config files and if you do not like them - old config files can be restored. I have no expertise in Structured Framemaker, (i.e. XML or SGML).

10 years working with Framemaker, all version through Version 7.0
Primarily writing to Aviation ATA spec 100. Currently responsible for maintaining all company published maintenance documents in Framemaker and PDF and making them accessible through the company intranet.