Adobe Framemaker/PDF index bookmarks display in wrong place

Question
Hi.

When I create a PDF of a book in Frame 10, I have a problem with the bookmarks. The letters that subdivide the index display under the previous chapter heading instead of under the Index heading. It's easy to move them, but...it would be nice if they would display where they belong without manipulation.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Answer
Kay - you need to send me some files so I can take a look at them to see what is going on.
Please send your BOOK, the file that contains the cross-reference index and 2 or 3 files which have a cross-reference. Make sure the files you send contain the cross-references, etc, so I can experiment with them.
The files need to be a mif or Frame 7 file.
Also highlight in red, 1 or 2 of the cross-references that you have moved to the location you want them to appear.
My email is:
waynejohnson2@comcast.net

Adobe Framemaker

Wayne Johnson