Adobe Framemaker/Frame 11 - and tables don't show up in PDF

When I make a PDF file from a Framemaker book, some tables are showing up as lines with no text. All my graphics are .png files but some graphics just don't show up at all in the PDF. It seems random and it started with no warning.
Any thoughts?

Carl - Without actually seeing your files the only thing I can suggest is to print your files as a postscript (.ps) file and then convert it using Acrobat Distiller.
To do this with the print screen open:
Check the print to file box and change the file name from .prn to .ps.
Go to Printer "SETUP" at the bottom of the page and select Adobe PDF on the next page.
Then Select "PRINT" on the main print document page.
Find the postscript file you just created and double click and it should convert to pdf.

Only other thing I can suggest is - for the graphics that don't print - you might try replacing the graphic with a .jpg type graphic.

Regards, Wayne

Adobe Framemaker

Wayne Johnson

Basic set-up of books, master pages, generation of List of Effective pages (LEP), Indexing, auto-numbering. Various ways to import graphics, including advantages and disadvantages of importing into a text frame or importing into a "blank" page. Using a "book" to generate PDF files, with hyperlinking. Customization of function keys, currently setup for Frame 7.0 i.e. change F1 to turn "Change bar" On and Off, F2 to "Cut" a selection, F3 to copy, F4 to Paste, F6 to set line to "TOP OF PAGE" and Shift F6 to start line "anywhere" these can be easily your current config files and if you do not like them - old config files can be restored. I have no expertise in Structured Framemaker, (i.e. XML or SGML).

10 years working with Framemaker, all version through Version 7.0
Primarily writing to Aviation ATA spec 100. Currently responsible for maintaining all company published maintenance documents in Framemaker and PDF and making them accessible through the company intranet.