Adobe Framemaker/Frame Maker Doubt - Postscript Driver

Question
We are using Adobe Framemaker6.0 in our company and we recently changed our OS to Windows 8.1 in our company.

Now I tried to install Framemaker 6.0 in Windows 8.1. Framemaker 6.0 and Acrobat Distiller 4.0 they got installed without any problem.

But, I couldnot install the Postscript Driver which is there in FM 6.0 CD. It shows me an error window and stops installation.

I need to do some changes in old FM 6.0 documents and save them as PDF. But donot know how to proceed with this issue now.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Answer
Padmaja - You are using a very old piece of software.
The only thing I can suggest is the following:
1. Search online for a Postscript printer driver and install it on your computer, (you don't need to have the printer, just install the drivers).
2. Now when you print - select that driver and check the "print to file" box on the Framemaker print dialog box.
To select a different printer you might have to press the "select printer" button at the bottom of the page. It is located next to your current printer name. Then select the postscript printer you installed in Step 1.
3. In the area just to the right of the print to file check box - will be the file name of the document you want to print. Change the .prn to .ps.
4. If you want to "Generate Acrobat Data" then check that box at the bottom of the screen.
5. After the .ps file has been created just double click it with the mouse and it should create a pdf for you.

Here is a link to the adobe forum with the same problem you are having.
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1302185

Adobe Framemaker

Wayne Johnson