Adobe Framemaker/FrameMaker 12 - Graphics anchored to text flow

Hi Wayne,
I am required to make books. Their page master format currently is 2 column, landscape page. The books have the format of repeating a 2 column text page followed by a graphic page (this way student can look at the descriptive text while looking at a schematic diagram for example).

Problem, some text pages are not fully filled with text. Text may only go down halfway of the first (left hand) column. This leaves 1.5 columns empty.

I am trying to insert an anchored frame on a new line after the text has ended, and command the graphic frame to jump to a new page, so it may be of the maximum size. There is no option for this in the 'anchored frame' panel, only 'top of column', etc.

I can click outside of text columns (on the page itself) and import a graphic to sit on the page that follows the text page, BUT- this image won't be part of the text flow should extra text material be inserted. New text will just travel under the imported image and be hidden.

The question is then, How do you keep an imported graphic image in the text flow of a document but on its own page?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions you can offer.

Gary - I For the graphic problem.
Insert 1 paragraph return and then go to paragraph styles and assign a paragraph style (something like "graphic top" and then in the pagination tab select start at top of page.
If you have a 2 column page like you say you do and the graphic is in the first column and you select start at top of column - the graphic will move to the top of the column on the right side of your page if it is empty. Therefore I would select Start a top of page.

As far as the other stuff you will need to send me a sample of what you have and what you want to do.
If you do send me a sample SEND IT AS A mif file or as a Frame 7.0.
Be sure to annotate what you get and what you want to happen.

My email is:

Adobe Framemaker

Wayne Johnson

Basic set-up of books, master pages, generation of List of Effective pages (LEP), Indexing, auto-numbering. Various ways to import graphics, including advantages and disadvantages of importing into a text frame or importing into a "blank" page. Using a "book" to generate PDF files, with hyperlinking. Customization of function keys, currently setup for Frame 7.0 i.e. change F1 to turn "Change bar" On and Off, F2 to "Cut" a selection, F3 to copy, F4 to Paste, F6 to set line to "TOP OF PAGE" and Shift F6 to start line "anywhere" these can be easily your current config files and if you do not like them - old config files can be restored. I have no expertise in Structured Framemaker, (i.e. XML or SGML).

10 years working with Framemaker, all version through Version 7.0
Primarily writing to Aviation ATA spec 100. Currently responsible for maintaining all company published maintenance documents in Framemaker and PDF and making them accessible through the company intranet.