Adobe Framemaker/Simplified Chinese index

Question
index after update
index after update  

reference page index
reference page index  
Generating an index in a Chinese translation book file results in ???? replacing characters in the index. I believe index sort order might be a problem (sort order isn't properly specified and FrameMaker gets confused), but I'm not entirely sure. It looks like sort order in this document is specified as <$symbols><$numerics><$alphabetics>. Do you know why the question marks, and the best way to sort a Chinese index?

Answer
Norah - Sorry I can not help you because I don't know anything about simplified Chinese.

You might try the following Adobe help file:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FrameMaker/9.0/Using/WSd817046a44e105e21e63e3d11ab7f

It had some suggestions on why ??? appear.

Regards, Wayne

Adobe Framemaker

Wayne Johnson