Adobe Illustrator/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Die-line + Bleed for two colors2/15/2017Amy
  Q: I am trying to create a die-cut sticker with bleed -- the file has 2 words overlapped, with the ...
  A: Is the physical sticker the shape of an S? I *think* I know what the desired result is. I don't ...
Anchor points changed from non bezier to bezier8/10/2016Amy
  Q: I'm a long time Illustrator designer and have encountered an issue I haven't seen before. I have a ...
  A: Have to admit I have not seen this, especially in a document created in the same version of the ...
Logo8/18/2015Amy
  Q: I created a logo and sent it to the client. She stated the logo the company she is dealing with ...
  A: Was it created 100% in Illustrator using Illustrator components like lines, shapes and/or text (this ...
Adobe Illustrator CS64/18/2015Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: When I try to print anthing from CS6 I get "Can't Print the Illustration" It doesn't matter what ...
  A: I'm not familiar with that particular printer, however their website has specific directions on ...
Illustrator CS6 Issue4/6/2015Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: When I open vector art in illustrator, it won't let me select a portion of the artwork. I have a ...
  A: When you click the words can you drag and move them withy he black arrow/selection tool? This could ...
Illustrator C23/18/2015Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: When I create a logo in illustrator and "save for web" as a jpeg, I notice the image is blurry. How ...
  A: This really has to do with the resolution you are choosing. Your best bet is to design this at ...
CS42/23/2015Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: Not sure if you can help or not, but here goes. I have an older (late 2006) iMac running 10.7.5. I ...
  A: You answered your question in the second line. Migration assistant is terrible at best. You will ...
Tutorials for Illustrator CC1/6/2015Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I'm not a big fan of the "connect a dot" method of drawing, but I need to give up my exceptionally ...
  A: If you go to Adobe.com there is an entire "learning" section available for CC subscribers. This will ...
InDesign11/29/2014Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I am having problems with my units and increments especially regarding my rulers. I have set them to ...
  A: Your rulers are set to "Spine" meaning the center of your spread is 0. Right click the horizontal ...
Adobe cs6 help11/27/2014Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I have made several ovals, and inserted a swatch. What I want to know, is for a way to insert bird ...
  A: You could do a transform from the Effect menu on the initial object to repeat the same shape, fill ...
Creating a Label to fit a Jar9/8/2014Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I'm not great at math and figures... if I need to plug a number into something that does the math, ...
  A: This has nothing to do with the design of the label. They should be straight (not curved). It has ...
shiny look8/22/2014Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: Please see this ...
  A: The letters are split into two pieces using a path. The top half has a gradient from white to the ...
One Size To Fit Them All.8/5/2014Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: Stohlmeyer, when designing a website for the web, is there one responsive screen size set-up for ...
  A: There are numerous different size variations for the screen sizes in a responsive design. A ...
some pdfs not printing correctly7/18/2014Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I'm using PDFs from Finale music files, and recently noticed that when I email the PDF to my local ...
  A: Acrobat Reader is free for download, http://get.adobe.com/reader/ but will only allow you to view ...
References for Illustrating7/15/2014Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I cannot seem to find an expert in this area, so I thought you might know the answer. This is about ...
  A: I do not know of any tutorials for doing this but I have some suggestions. In order to do a frame ...
Clipping Mask of illustrator v/s Power Clip of Coreldraw ? Urgent Help.?7/11/2014Amy
  Q: Can we use a Clipping Mask of Illustrator same as power clip of coreldraw. I mean to say, After ...
  A: This message was delivered to my spam mail, so I just saw it now. I think what you are asking is… ...
revision7/8/2014Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I found block to format cover and revised as attached. What do you think? Demetrius ...
  A: I guess the silhouette of the knife just looks odd at the top because of the thumb and handle ...
vector to raster image problem5/20/2014Amy
  Q: frequently i make rapeat pattern designs about 18"x42" after making color sepration..when i convert ...
  A: Not sure how you got this question through to me, since I no longer answer questions at all experts, ...
Illustraor Questions1/27/2014Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: How do I in Illustrator cs6 CC on a Mac: 1. Take a vector image of a fingerprint (all the lines in ...
  A: What you are going to use is called a Clipping Mask. First, make sure the fingerprint image is on ...
Proper Saving of Master Logo Files1/8/2014Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: this is my first time posting here, so I hope my question(s) are OK. I work in a graphic design firm ...
  A: First saving out files I not normally give a client EPS and PDF for print using CMYK and Spot ...
Illustrator CS6 - just downloaded -not working1/2/2014Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I used time machine since I accidentally erased some component of illustrator from my hard drive. ...
  A: In order for this to work you need to run the Adobe uninstaller that comes with CS6, then download ...
downsave12/5/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: we have recently expanded our creative department, buying new macs and adobe cs6 software we have ...
  A: Unfortunately down saving so fat back will always give you a clipped document with compound paths, ...
multiple layers design11/19/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I am recently trying to take Adobe Certified Associate exam with Illustrator CS6. Here's the ...
  A: In Illustrator, the Fig. 1 needs to be vector artwork or this will not work. Recreate the image as ...
Illustrator not saving EPS11/12/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: When I click Save As it will only save up to 3% of the way and then just stop and freeze. I am not ...
  A: First, make sure you have run all updates. Then quit AI, then double click to reopen the app. ...
SVG pattern issue with firefox11/4/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: converting via adobe illustrator EPS file to SVG which contain pattern. I don't get the expected ...
  A: SVGs unfortunately are not supported on all browsers. Please make sure you have updated your Firefox ...
Rounded-corners effect & Pathfinder conflict10/30/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I'm hoping you can help me with this problem i'm having. I can't seem to find the answer i'm looking ...
  A: You first have to expand the rounded corners effect before you do anything else. Just go to ...
Question10/27/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: Good day I recently bought a used copy of Adobe CS3 and installed it onto my laptop. All of the ...
  A: It could be another program interfering with Illustrator. Try this: hold shift+alt+Ctrl (PC) or ...
Illustrator CS5 unknown format10/19/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: Sir, Recently I tried opening my Illustrator files and they will not open. A box comes up that says ...
  A: Normally this means that these are either not really .ai files. I've seen this when files are saved ...
logo and font trademarks10/14/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I designed a logo in Illustrator for a title of my book. Somebody said I have to make sure the font ...
  A: While I can't give legal advice generally the designer does need permission as certain fonts are ...
Problem opening AI files9/15/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: For some reason I have to restart illustrator almost every time I want to open another AI file. ...
  A: Try holding down shift+opt+cmd after you double click the AI icon to start Illustrator. Be sure to ...
stitching PDF maps7/9/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I have 9 provincial maps of South Africa. Unfortunately each province (state) is on a different ...
  A: Unfortunately, there is no automatic way to do this. It will still have to be scaled and stitched ...
Combining anchor points7/8/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I have an object that has a break in the line. I tried to combine the anchor pts to complete the ...
  A: It sounds like you have two objects directly on top of each other. Try this - first save your work. ...
Use convert tool to change round end to arrow6/28/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I followed instructions to convert a round end of a letter to change it to a pointed arrow end. It ...
  A: Tapping a point with the convert anchor point tool will make it a sharp point or corner. To create a ...
cant open illustrator error message5/30/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I initially opened illustrator and my tool bars and applications were missing. I tried retrieving ...
  A: It sounds like you have a corrupted install. You may have to reinstall your Illustrator, but first ...
Eyedropper tool in Illustrator CS35/30/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: How to select a particular color (say, a yellow from a yellow-green gradient) using the eyedropper ...
  A: If your object is vector with the gradient applied, the easier option is to use the Gradient panel ...
AI CS6 export to JPG problem5/24/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I use MAC PRO with 32GB RAM and 500GB HDD, OS MAC Lion. When I try to export the artwork from AI CS6 ...
  A: First, this is not an error. Your file is physically too big to export out at that resolution for ...
remove white box jpeg5/21/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I am working in illustrator 10, and I copied a jpeg into it that has an annoying white box behind ...
  A: Illustrator is not the best option, you should use Photoshop to edit jpg images. If you have to use ...
Transparent5/16/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I am working in the old Adobe illustrator and trying to create a transparent background for my logo. ...
  A: Native Illustrator (.ai) and EPS files automatically are transparent, BUT the files have to be ...
illustrator help5/15/2013Tom Rouze
  Q: I am working on a project that will be a multi layered cnc lit plexiglass art piece. The shape ...
  A: If I understand correctly this suggestion should work for you. Select your shape, then in the Object ...
Distortion in a Downsized Vector4/26/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I'm attempting to make a vector, created by another artist, smaller to reduce file size. I've wasted ...
  A: In viewing your examples, the "1" appears to not be vector, or it has a raster effect applied to it. ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Adobe Illustrator

Kevin Stohlmeyer

Top Expert on this page