Adobe Illustrator/Clipping Mask of illustrator v/s Power Clip of Coreldraw ? Urgent Help.?

Question
Can we use a Clipping Mask of Illustrator same as power clip of coreldraw. I mean to say, After Applying Clipping Mask It shows a invisible line of previous image or curve line. But it doesn't show in coreldraw after applying powerclip. is there some of the solution to use clipping mask same as powerclip. Because I am a graphics designer. and have to work in measurement but due to clipping mask i can't measure it accurately. specially when I use multiple PSD files with jpg images in one box... Please Help.

Answer
Hello. This message was delivered to my spam mail, so I just saw it now.

I think what you are asking is… is there any way to permanently remove the portion of a RASTER image that is outside of the clipping path. No, not in Illustrator. The Rasterino plug-in can crop raster images in Illustrator. http://www.astutegraphics.com/software/rasterino/

But if you are working with VECTOR images only, then yes, use the Crop tool in the Pathfinder menu instead of a clipping mask.

I hope this helped a little?

Amy.

Adobe Illustrator

Amy