Adobe Illustrator/Tutorials for Illustrator CC

I'm not a big fan of the "connect a dot" method of drawing, but I need to give up my exceptionally old drawing program (Smart Sketch by FutureWave) since it only works on 3.11 and Windows XP.

Where can I find some tutorials for those that are complete beginners to Adobe Illustrator CC - and - want to hone in specifically on the drawing and fills portion?

I have been looking online, but it is alot to try to weed through and every time I think I find a good one > it turns out to not be what I need.. or is in no means for a beginner.

I should add, I want to draw on the screen, be able to bend my shapes and again > not draw by connecting dots. I want that fluid motion of drawing.

I do subscribe to Adobe CC.

Hi Debbie,

If you go to there is an entire "learning" section available for CC subscribers. This will help get you going on learning Adobe Illustrator. The "fluid motion of drawing" you are referring to is not really a normal function of Illustrator, but these tutorials will help guide you.

Here is a quick link:

Adobe Illustrator

Kevin Stohlmeyer

I am an Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Community Professional and Adobe Freelance Professional. I travel nationally speaking on Adobe Creative Suite applications, including Illustrator and design. I can answer questions about Adobe Illustrator version CS1 through the all-new Creative Cloud.

I am an Adobe Certified Instructor for Adobe Illustrator and have been teaching this software in college/higher education and for an Adobe Authorized Training Center since 2000. I have been an active user of Adobe Illustrator as a professional graphic designer since 1994. I am also the author of the Adobe Illustrator Certified Expert Exam. I am a published author for Adobe Inspire Magazine, writing articles on Creative Suite applications including Photoshop, Illustrator and the Adobe Touch apps.

Adobe Freelancers Program Adobe Influencers Program Milwaukee Adobe Users Group AIGA National Association of Photoshop Professionals C2 Graphics Productivity Solutions

Adobe Inspire Magazine Photoshop User Magazine Layers Magazine

BA - Graphic Design Adobe Certified Instructor - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Adobe Community Professional - Adobe Creative Suite

Member, Adobe Influencers Program and Adobe Freelancer Member Spotlight, National Association of Photoshop Professionals, November 2011 Runner-Up, The Next Adobe Photoshop Evangelist contest, 2010, 2011 Runner-Up Layers Magazine Design Contest

Harley Davidson, Reader's Digest, GE Medical Division, Kohl's Corporate, Bon-Ton/Boston Stores, Cramer-Krasselt, Marquette University, AIGA, Mattel/American Girl, Photoshop World