Adobe Illustrator/Illustrator C2

When I create a logo in illustrator and "save for web" as a jpeg, I notice the image is blurry. How do you know that when you create an image in illustrator and then try to export it to create a jpeg, that it is its 100% size?

Is there a better way to ensure that I can get a crisp jpeg (although its not vector based)?

Hi Tracy,

This really has to do with the resolution you are choosing. Your best bet is to design this at actual pixel dimensions and before you export out, go to view>Pixel Preview to see how the image will look when exported at lo-resoultion.

The jpg will export out at a 1:1 ratio to whatever is designed in Illustrator. It will only downsize if you change the image size in Save for Web. If your image is designed larger and you are downsizing in Save for Web, that will also degrade the quality.

If you are using solid colors, you could try exporting as a .gif format instead to try and keep things crisp.

Adobe Illustrator

Kevin Stohlmeyer

I am an Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Community Professional and Adobe Freelance Professional. I travel nationally speaking on Adobe Creative Suite applications, including Illustrator and design. I can answer questions about Adobe Illustrator version CS1 through the all-new Creative Cloud.

I am an Adobe Certified Instructor for Adobe Illustrator and have been teaching this software in college/higher education and for an Adobe Authorized Training Center since 2000. I have been an active user of Adobe Illustrator as a professional graphic designer since 1994. I am also the author of the Adobe Illustrator Certified Expert Exam. I am a published author for Adobe Inspire Magazine, writing articles on Creative Suite applications including Photoshop, Illustrator and the Adobe Touch apps.

Adobe Freelancers Program Adobe Influencers Program Milwaukee Adobe Users Group AIGA National Association of Photoshop Professionals C2 Graphics Productivity Solutions

Adobe Inspire Magazine Photoshop User Magazine Layers Magazine

BA - Graphic Design Adobe Certified Instructor - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Adobe Community Professional - Adobe Creative Suite

Member, Adobe Influencers Program and Adobe Freelancer Member Spotlight, National Association of Photoshop Professionals, November 2011 Runner-Up, The Next Adobe Photoshop Evangelist contest, 2010, 2011 Runner-Up Layers Magazine Design Contest

Harley Davidson, Reader's Digest, GE Medical Division, Kohl's Corporate, Bon-Ton/Boston Stores, Cramer-Krasselt, Marquette University, AIGA, Mattel/American Girl, Photoshop World