Adobe InDesign/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
inDesign nudge9/21/2016H Louise
  Q: running OS X,inDesign CC2015 - I am trying to change part of a line in a scanned document. I know ...
  A: When you say scanned document - do you mean that the document is rasterised and can't be edited? If ...
Renaming pages (or other solution for image name output)3/19/2016H Louise
  Q: I read answer to this question that basically went "No you can't do that, but here's what you can do ...
  A: Just so that I can understand, as I'm not familiar with Wirecast but is the files exported from ...
page names9/22/2015H Louise
  Q: Please give me solution for indesign page number instead of names just like illustrator artboards ...
  A: I think I've found some solutions, if I understand your question properly. If you try - ...
InDesign/pdf conversion7/20/2015H Louise
  Q: Using InDesign CS5.5 and Acrobat 10 on my iMac I have designed an Invoice for my client. I would ...
  A: What conversion software have you tried? So you have created an invoice in Indesign and then ...
Eliminate background7/14/2015H Louise
  Q: Mac 10.8.5 w/Adobe suite 5.5 I h i have a tiff logo, red ink on white background. I want to transfer ...
  A: A TIFF file is a rastered image so I would use photoshop to create a clipping path to isolate the ...
in Design or Photoshop6/30/2015H Louise
  Q: Type on an oval path - how can I get the type on the upper and lower arcs to read straight up. The ...
  A: There are a few variations on how to achieve this so its a case of trying a few and seeing which way ...
This document could not be reader enabled2/9/2015H Louise
  Q: I use Acrobat Pro X and Adobe Reader XI. It was my understanding from online tutorials that when I ...
  A: Its so frustrating when something has been working ok and then one day stops doing what it should! I ...
in Design or Photoshop2/4/2015H Louise
  Q: How do I reverse color of a tif. image. It is now black lines drawn on a white background. I need ...
  A: Sorry for the delay in replying. Thank you for your question. Photoshop is the program to use for ...
inDesign printing10/3/2014H Louise
  Q: I hope you can help with this. I can't find an answer from Adobe I am running CS6 on an iMac ...
  A: Have you got a photo of what it looks like with the printed problem? What does the indesign ...
unbidden frame outside text block10/1/2014H Louise
  Q: just a red line surrounding it). I'm sending you a picture of what this looks like. I suspect the ...
  A: Is it the pale blue 'box' around the text in the red outlined text box or the black lines that can ...
duplex printing7/23/2014H Louise
  Q: iMac 10.8.5 with an HP LaserJet 2200D How do I set up for duplex printing
  A: Setting up printers and their settings isn't my expertise, however I will try to answer your ...
ENTER KEY & PARAGRAPH7/20/2014H Louise
  Q: Whenever I press enter key to make a paragraph, a lot of space is left. It takes me to the next text ...
  A: Is this just with the first column or have you tried it in the other columns as well in the image ...
PAPER TYPE7/3/2014H Louise
  Q: Which paper type and grammage could be less costly and glossy for a business/lifestyle magazine? ...
  A: The actual printing isn't my area of expertise as I'm more pre-press, but I will try to answer with ...
FONT6/13/2014H Louise
  Q: What font is this? Thanks
  A: At first glance it looks like Arial or Helvetica but the 'A's are wrong. So I think it could be ...
combine documents to one PDF6/4/2014H Louise
  Q: I have 145 InDesign documents. I want to combine them into one PDF without converting each one to a ...
  A: Sorry for any delay - I only received a notification today! The 145 Indesign documents - are they ...
Scripts in InDesign4/24/2014H Louise
  Q: Our company purchased another one and I have inherited a 250+ catalog with over 14,000 items that is ...
  A: Sorry for the delay in answered - looks like there has been a technical issue with me receiving new ...
Tool bar in In design4/17/2014H Louise
  Q: I work in Cs6, and have never experienced this issue. I can't select any of my tool bar icons, text ...
  A: Sorry for the delay - it seems that I didn't receive a notification to tell me I had a question ...
Indesign3/20/2014H Louise
  Q: Can I open a file generated in inDesign CS6 on my Mac on a CS5.5 Mac without converting it to an ...
  A: Why do you need to open it on a CS5.5 Mac - is it so that it can be printed etc? If it just to be ...
data merge in CS53/14/2014H Louise
  Q: We created a simple document in CS5 to turn a csv file and a directory of jpegs into a simple ...
  A: I'm afraid that I haven't had much experience of using data merge, but it looks like something to ...
inDesign3/7/2014H Louise
  Q: Using inDesign CS5 on a 32 bit Mac. If I embed a tif or jpg in a document must I continue to save ...
  A: Just so I understand - you've embedded a jpg/tif file into the indesign document and you would like ...
Column heights2/20/2014H Louise
  Q: It's new for the company and there are only a couple of other users in the building - but there' a ...
  A: What version of InDesign are you using? When you say that you are laying out a page with three or ...
breaking text links in Adobe InDesign cs62/10/2014H Louise
  Q: I know how to do it double tap the box at the bottom right of the text frame, but because of old ...
  A: No, I know what you mean, I find it annoying sometimes too - and the same with the unlock when boxes ...
Indesign CS412/23/2013H Louise
  Q: I have the disc for Indesign CS4 it is currently on my desk top, but just getting a new lap top for ...
  A: Are you going from a Windows laptop to a Mac laptop or vice versa? Yes it's possible to install it ...
500 page book with scanned photos11/16/2013H Louise
  Q: My photos keep bouncing around in the Microsoft Word doc I am currently using to document our family ...
  A: Yes Microsoft Word can sometimes lose the layout, especially when you type or edit the document and ...
lost selection tools10/22/2013H Louise
  Q: I am working on mac with Indesign CS2. Suddenly lost all my selection tools. What can I do? It is ...
  A: When you say selection tools - do you mean the tool panel with the black and white arrows etc? If ...
INTERACTIVE TABLE OF CONTENTS9/25/2013H Louise
  Q: I want to make my table of contents in indesign interactive so that when I export to PDF and you ...
  A: Sounds like you might want to create hyperlinks? Here's a link, the section under Page is the one I ...
What's this font?9/25/2013H Louise
  Q: What is this font and where can I get it? It's on this page: ...
  A: The font is a Sans Serif, bold or black style font. At first glance it reminded me of the font ...
indesign paragraph style9/13/2013H Louise
  Q: I have a list of businesses in Indesign and I want to apply 1 paragraph style to the name of the ...
  A: The best way to do this would be to use nested styles in the Paragraph Style options menu. While the ...
InDesign cs3 files to be read in InDesign cs68/5/2013H Louise
  Q: I have used InDesign cs3 for years, and now I have a Quad Core Intel Xeon and have InDesign cs6. ...
  A: We had a similar problem in work when we went from QuarkXpress to Indesign CS3 - instead of ...
Adobe Indesign-Print Presets, Custom Page7/22/2013H Louise
  Q: I need to know how to set up the Print Presets in Indesign to match up with my Page setup when I ...
  A: Is the page that you are trying to print a different size or anything like that to when you got the ...
Double-sided name tags7/22/2013H Louise
  Q: I've used Indesign's Data Merge to create nametags based off an Excel document. My employer wants ...
  A: Would you be able to provide some images of the issue so I can better understand your question? Are ...
INDESIGN'S OBJECT EFFECTS7/18/2013H Louise
  Q: I have applied an effect to an object (outer glow) but whenever I draw a new object, a similar ...
  A: For the issue to stop in the original file - create another box and when it adds the outer glow go ...
Indesign cs6 tool box etc does not show up7/12/2013H Louise
  Q: I've been using Indesign for a long time and I've never had this problem before. Whenever I launch ...
  A: Have you saved your workspace? If not, set up your space - without a document being open - with the ...
moving cursor from text frame to text frame7/5/2013H Louise
  Q: As it is, if I move from text from a frame on a left-sided page to one on a right-sided one, the ...
  A: Just some questions so that I can understand the problem you're having. When you do this - is the ...
Indesign CS6 work with an interactive field6/9/2013H Louise
  Q: I develop training material for students. How do I insert an interactive typing field for a PDF doc, ...
  A: Here's a great step by step video on interactive pdfs and shows you how to create text fields and ...
EXCEL LINK - change destination cell5/15/2013H Louise
  Q: I'm curious to know if there is a way to tell inDesing to change the destination cell in Excel. Know ...
  A: Are you trying to import an Excel table into Indesign? Is it to use it for something else - like a ...
how to create popouts in Adobe indesign4/27/2013H Louise
  Q: How can I create a popout in Indesign. Please illustrate for me the answer for clarification Thank ...
  A: There are a few techniques to make that popout in indesign. The video you have attached was showing ...
Maximum size PDF4/12/2013H Louise
  Q: My document size is W:5400mm, but the PDF is cropped from right side at W:5080mm. Managed to send to ...
  A: The size the PDF cropped the file to - 5080mm is exactly 200 inches and this is the limit that ...
in Design4/10/2013H Louise
  Q: How can embed a tif or jpg graphic in an inDesign document so that whenever it is opened the graphic ...
  A: You can embed and unembed a file(s) through your links panel. If your links panel is not visible on ...
Professional Fonts for an Academic Document4/10/2013H Louise
  Q: I'm writing an academic thesis, which I would like to look as professional as possible. I'm looking ...
  A: What subject is your thesis on? Do you want the headings to reflect the subject and are you free to ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Adobe InDesign

H Louise

Top Expert on this page