Adobe InDesign/grey on black

Question
Indesign CS6
I have an extremely dark back ground image. I want to put a company logo on top of it.
The logo has shades of Dark Grey (almost black) and Grey. There is some separation but I would like a little bit more. I have tried to use an outer glow & drop shadow, but the logo was blurred by the glow it didn't look that nice and the drop shadow helped a little but still got lost in the dark background.
Have had difficulty with this logo in past on dark and certain shades of grey where part of it blends in to much.

Hope you can offer a suggestion to make the logo stand out some from the shades close to it.

Cheers
Richard

Answer
Hi Richard,

If you don't like the outer glow because it encroaches on the logo you can try copying the logo and paste in place on top of the logo with the glow.

With two logos, one right on top of the other, you can use the bottom logo for it's shape and apply all kinds of effects to it - glow, screen overlay, strokes - and the logo on top would stay untouched. This method would give you great flexibility in trying different ways to makes the edges more pronounced.

Hope this helps,

Adobe InDesign

Glen Demers