Adobe InDesign/Indesign CS4 colour swatches

Question
I've noticed something strange happening with the colour swatches in CS4 (I'm used to using a newer version so I don't know if this is a bug with the program or my mac itself)

Basically I import colour libraries that are set up in CMYK, they import fine, I click the swatches to check the colour breakdowns and they are all fine... then once I close the document, leave it for a bit and reopen it.. most of the time the colour values have changed.. for example the Cyan may of been 20% and then when I reopen it its changed to 25.85y%

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Answer
Hi Louise,

Make sure to keep all your files for a project in the same color space, this change happens when a graphic is RGB which is interpreted differently in InDesign than in the graphics program. Make sure your original document color spaces are set to CMYK and not an RGB color space giving you CMYK color readings.

If you import, for example, a CMYK color library with Reflex Blue but then place a graphic that contains an RGB build of Reflex Blue, the Reflex Blue in the library will reflect the 'used' version of Reflex Blue and give you InDesign's CMYK version of the RGB Reflex Blue.

Hope this helps,

Adobe InDesign

Glen Demers