Adobe InDesign/master pages and picture over picture effects

Question
Sample Master Layout
Sample Master Layout  
Glen,

I am using InDesign 6 to create a photo book. I have created several master pages to use as my layout designs. A few of the two-page spreads involve a full bleed image spanning the two pages with other image configurations on top of it. When I created the master I used the arrange feature to send the full bleed spread to the back and chose the other image frames and set them to "send to front". When I tried to place the images the only image that placed itself into the frame was the full bleed two page spread image. The other image boxes were no longer accessible to fill. Please help as I only have a few more days to finish editing this book project before the holiday!
Dori

Answer
Hi Dori,

Instead of putting image frames on the master page you should just put guides there, then put the image frames on each page, unless you want the same image on each page that uses the master. Remember, master page items will always appear underneath whatever you place on a page that uses that master.

I've found that it's easier to work with a background image if you put it on it's own layer. Once the image is in position you can then lock the layer or turn it off to keep from selecting that frame.

Hope this helps,

Adobe InDesign

Glen Demers