Adobe InDesign/Adobe Indesign Beginner

Question
I'm creating a newsletter for our company on a new Mac computer. I need it to be printed on 11x17, two 8.5x11 pages on each side of the paper.  I keep playing around with options, and totally keep striking out. I've tried setting up the document with "facing pages" 8.5 X11, and also tried setting the page size to 11X17 but still can't seem to do it. Can you please advise me as to where I'm going wrong?

Answer
Hi Jamie,

Use facing pages so that your first page is by itself, then you'll see pages 2 and 3 side by side, then the last page is by itself. Add pages in multiples of 4. This is the standard setup for saddle stitch books.

Once you've completed your newsletter, go to File>Print Booklet. In the Print Booklet Dialog box select 2-up Saddle Stitch as the booklet type. You can see thumbnails of the newsletter by clicking preview. Adjust your printer settings until the pages fit on 11 x 17, you'll have to turn off crop marks and bleeds etc.

Hope this helps,

Adobe InDesign

Glen Demers