Adobe InDesign/in Design

How can embed a tif or jpg graphic in an inDesign document so that whenever it is opened the graphic image is included

Hi Howard,

Thank you for your question.

You can embed and unembed a file(s) through your links panel.

If your links panel is not visible on your workspace go to Window > Links.

Then you can right click the text desciption of the graphic link and then choose embed file and you will notice when this is done that a symbol appears next to the name of the graphic in the panel. Very handy when you are moving files about alot and don't want to risk losing any linked graphic files along the way. Please note that when you embed a file to your indesign document that the indesign file size will go up.

This panel will also tell you if any links are broken or take you to where a graphic is in the indesign document (handy if you have loads of graphics in the document).

For more information and for all the different uses on the links panel -

Hope that helps. Any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks H Louise

Adobe InDesign

H Louise

I am an artworker in the newspaper industry working with both newspaper and glossy products. I can answer most questions on the Adobe Creative Suite CS3 (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional), however please note that I am not as experienced in the use of Illustrator. I also have experience in QuarkXpress, Property software and Photography.

I have been working in the newspaper industry since 2007. I started in QuarkXpress before moving over to the Indesign software.

I have qualifications in art and design as well as a degree in media.