Adobe InDesign/EXCEL LINK - change destination cell

I'm curious to know if there is a way to tell inDesing to change the destination cell in Excel. Know I have to relink my file and that means I have to make all my headers again. Know I have a cell style to do that. But I still have to put out witch row is a header. (all my tables are after each other)

This is for a price list.
I would love to do it with data merge but I can't get it to work 'cause there are variable product rows. Sow I worked with Excel and linked it.

Love some help,
Thanks Sanne

Hi Sanne,

Thank you for your question.

Are you trying to import an Excel table into Indesign?

Is it to use it for something else - like a presentation or poster etc? Just wondering why you want an Excel table in Indesign so I can understand the question.

Are you linking it so that when you update the Excel file it will update the indesign file? What indesign version are you using?
This link with the video and the comments at the bottom may be what you are looking for as I haven't linked Excel tables in my line of work -

Here are some other links that you may find useful:

Hope that helps, please don't hesitate if you have any further questions
H Louise

Adobe InDesign

H Louise

I am an artworker in the newspaper industry working with both newspaper and glossy products. I can answer most questions on the Adobe Creative Suite CS3 (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional), however please note that I am not as experienced in the use of Illustrator. I also have experience in QuarkXpress, Property software and Photography.

I have been working in the newspaper industry since 2007. I started in QuarkXpress before moving over to the Indesign software.

I have qualifications in art and design as well as a degree in media.