Adobe InDesign/InDesign cs3 files to be read in InDesign cs6

I have used InDesign cs3 for years, and now I have a Quad Core Intel Xeon and have InDesign cs6.  Problem I need a process to convert my older files done in cs3 (I am a course designer) into InDesign cs6)  Is there a process, or a converter, anything? Thanks, Dee

Hi Dee,

Thank you for your question.

We had a similar problem in work when we went from QuarkXpress to Indesign CS3 - instead of recreating each document we used a script to open the Quark file and convert it to Indesign - it would let us check that the document looked ok before it was then saved as an Indesign file.

Not being involved with finding/creating the script I'm not sure what one it was exactly.

However I have found this which should hopefully do the job for you. It has a step by step guide on setting up the

Let me know how you get on or if you have any problems or further questions.

Hope that helps,

H Louise.

Adobe InDesign

H Louise

I am an artworker in the newspaper industry working with both newspaper and glossy products. I can answer most questions on the Adobe Creative Suite CS3 (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional), however please note that I am not as experienced in the use of Illustrator. I also have experience in QuarkXpress, Property software and Photography.

I have been working in the newspaper industry since 2007. I started in QuarkXpress before moving over to the Indesign software.

I have qualifications in art and design as well as a degree in media.