Adobe InDesign/Scripts in InDesign

Our company purchased another one and I have inherited a 250+ catalog with over 14,000 items that is comprised of 12 different InDesign files (one for each catalog section). I have a .csv file with updated pricing and am looking for a script that can reference the part numbers in the InDesign tables and update the prices. Would also like to make each part number a hyperlink to the ecommerce page where that part can be purchased. All hyperlinks would have the same prefix (i.e. Any ideas?

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your question.

Sorry for the delay in answered - looks like there has been a technical issue with me receiving new question notifications.

Sorry if the problem is already rectified, but here is some ideas anyway.

Sounds like data merging/mail merge could be an ideal fit for what you want to do? It won't update what has already been created in indesign - but it could be quicker to create a new template and then let data merge re-create the new indesign pages with the new data? I don't have much experience in this area as its only something recently I've thought to try.

Is it just text or are pictures attached to each number as well?

Here are some links to show you how data merge works and the sorts of things you can do with it -

Hope that helps, don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions. Or let me know what solution you found if your problem is already solved.

Thanks, H Louise  

Adobe InDesign

H Louise

I am an artworker in the newspaper industry working with both newspaper and glossy products. I can answer most questions on the Adobe Creative Suite CS3 (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional), however please note that I am not as experienced in the use of Illustrator. I also have experience in QuarkXpress, Property software and Photography.

I have been working in the newspaper industry since 2007. I started in QuarkXpress before moving over to the Indesign software.

I have qualifications in art and design as well as a degree in media.