Adobe InDesign/duplex printing

QUESTION: iMac 10.8.5 with an HP LaserJet 2200D   How do I set up for duplex printing

ANSWER: Hi Howard,

Thank you for your question.

Setting up printers and their settings isn't my expertise, however I will try to answer your question.

Are you using a specific program - like Indesign or is it duplex printing and printer set up in general?

Some useful links on your printer and duplex printing -

Hope that helps,
H Louise

QUESTION: yes, I am using inDesign 6.5  Somewhere in all the pulldown there was a line that said "2sided printing-off"
and there was no way that I could find to turn it on - it was grayed out  ????

Have you installed all the drivers for your printer?

Some options to try here -

From the adobe site - "Duplex printing

Printer-specific features such as duplex printing are available when you click the Printer button in the Print dialog box. Duplex printing is available only if the printer supports it. For information on duplex printing, see your printer documentation."

Heres a good step by step guide with screenshots as well - just scroll down to Indesign CS6 how to -

Let me know if any of these work and we can look at something else?

Are you printing out a multi-page document/booklet etc?

Adobe InDesign

H Louise

I am an artworker in the newspaper industry working with both newspaper and glossy products. I can answer most questions on the Adobe Creative Suite CS3 (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional), however please note that I am not as experienced in the use of Illustrator. I also have experience in QuarkXpress, Property software and Photography.

I have been working in the newspaper industry since 2007. I started in QuarkXpress before moving over to the Indesign software.

I have qualifications in art and design as well as a degree in media.