Adobe InDesign/ENTER KEY & PARAGRAPH

Question
INDESIGN CS6
INDESIGN CS6  

Whenever I press enter key to make a paragraph, a lot of space is left. It takes me to the next text column causing over set text.

What could be the problem?

Am using windows 7, In design CS6

Thanks

Answer
Hi Ndugs,

Thank you for your question.

Is this just with the first column or have you tried it in the other columns as well in the image you attached?

If its only the first column it sounds like a column break is being inserted instead of a paragraph break.

Are you pressing the Enter or Return key on your keyboard? The Enter key will make the text go to the next column while the Return key will create a new paragraph line.

More info here and how to find the keys on different keyboards - http://blog.gilbertconsulting.com/2007/04/enter-is-not-return.html

Hope that helps, if not let me know and hopefully we can find another solution.
H Louise  

Adobe InDesign

H Louise