Adobe Photoshop/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Color change with shading1/27/2017Kamal Krishna
  Q: I am wanting to change the color of an object and retain it's shading. I will include the .png file ...
  A: Easiest solution would be. 1. Create a new layer on top of your object Layer. Fill it with the ...
Deleting layers1/22/2017Eric C. M. Basir
  Q: I have Adobe Photoshop CS4 and often use it to edit pictures. Most of the time when I select part of ...
  A: This is extremely difficult to troubleshoot without seeing what you are doing. I am thinking you ...
Photoshop Elements Question7/6/2016Kamal Krishna
  Q: When I open a jpg (or other image) there is a large gray border around it that I cannot crop out or ...
  A: The image you attached is that a screenshot/printscreen of what you see? Or does that grey stay when ...
Recreating an effect5/20/2016Dan Loffler
  Q: Is there a way to recreate the white background effect on these letters? Font: Playfair Display SC ...
  A: Yes. There is a way. Select the blue text layer and apply a Drop Shadow FX, set the Spread:0, ...
Turning or twisting the Marquee5/6/2016Dan Loffler
  Q: I am trying to use an elliptical tool to help me erase part of the end of a product we sell so that ...
  A: I'm pretty sure I understand. What you want to do is, get the ellipse as close as possible, then ...
Drag and Move original size images to another image to have same original size.3/21/2016Dan Loffler
  Q: 1. I am getting frustrated and aggravated about this and hope that you can help me with this. Okay, ...
  A: I am sorry to tell you that pixels are pixels. Photoshop will not add or take away pixels when you ...
Drag and Move original size images to another image to have same original size.3/21/2016Kamal Krishna
  A: Iam not completely sure if i understood the problem. Is the dpi same on both documents? However ...
Drag and Move original size images to another image to have same original size.3/21/2016Eric C. M. Basir
  A: This is a tough one to answer without seeing what you are describing. However, I wondering if you ...
Photo Editing2/5/2016Eric C. M. Basir
  Q: I have a rather specific question about photo editing that I don't know how to phrase. I want to ...
  A: With your picture open, simply to to the menu for Filter = Pixelate = Color Halftone. Experiment ...
image size11/11/2015Eric C. M. Basir
  Q: ERIC Thanks for our discussion today. I don't have a printer or scanner. Many people now say that ...
  A: James, I recommend Epson for scanners and inkjet printers. Yes, those salesmen are notorious for ...
image size11/11/2015Eric C. M. Basir
  Q: I am using P ELEMENTS 10 ON a mac mini, OSX ELCAPITAN. I think the above may be irrelevant. I made ...
  A: James, the Image Size in PSElements is the total size in RAM. When you save a JPG of that file is ...
photoshop question10/20/2015Dan Loffler
  Q: I am a researcher and looking for a simple way to figure out a problem. My project is essentially ...
  A: Photoshop will not be able to do the calculations for your percentages. Sorry. If you can redo the ...
Can't figure it out5/27/2015Dan Loffler
  Q: Dan, I have a simple project I'm working on. What I want to do and can't figure out is how to add a ...
  A: The way I would do it is to make a Layer out of the selection. Do this by pressing CTRL+J while you ...
need select particular area using action script5/12/2015Eric C. M. Basir
  Q: hi this is imran i want to select shadow region using action script in photo shop
  A: Imran, I am not familiar with any such actions—at least ones that actually work to my liking. ...
Hello4/1/2015Dan Loffler
  Q: Hope u are having good day Can you tell my how to vectorize an image in Photoshop without spoiling ...
  A: To vectorized an image is to change it to vector "objects" from pixels. When I vectorize an image in ...
raw to jpeg loss of saturation2/21/2015Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: After I have made my adjustments to my RAW file I save the file to a jpeg. However the saved file ...
  A: Without seeing your exact workflow (version etc.) it is impossible to nail down what exactly is ...
32-bit and post production2/12/2015Kamal Krishna
  Q: I use Photoshop CS5 for post production. Would like to know how to keep the details of a 32-bit exr ...
  A: How about convert your image into a smart object. Change the depth into 16-bit, apply all your ...
Photoshop1/23/2015Kamal Krishna
  Q: Sir how to give dry brush effect stroke to a circle. it should look like it is being painted by dry ...
  A: This is best achieved in Adobe Illustrator rather than Photoshop. In illustrator you just draw a ...
Elements 111/13/2015Eric C. M. Basir
  Q: I am learning elements 11 and would welcome some advice. just learnt how to produce a "matt" effect ...
  A: By Matt effect, you mean simulating the matte board used in framing pictures that give them a very ...
mix & match PS channels1/7/2015Dan Loffler
  Q: Is it possible to take the Black sep/channel from image-A and paste it into image-B's Black channel, ...
  A: This is very easy to do. Just open the Channels window. To do this go to the top and choose Windows ...
mix & match CMYK channels in PS1/7/2015Kevin Stohlmeyer
  A: It's very easy. Simply go to the channels panel and click on the Black channel in Image A. Next do a ...
Creating inforgraphics12/11/2014Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I really like the infographics I attached and I would like to know which software I can use to ...
  A: This image was created using Adobe Illustrator, not Adobe Photoshop. Here is a link to an online ...
Soft focus an object12/8/2014Kamal Krishna
  Q: Sir I am using Adobe Photoshop7.0 but I can't find the quick selection tool. So what should I do to ...
  A: Try pressing W that gives you Magic wand.. now press Shift+W that should give you Quick Selection ...
spot colour12/5/2014Eric C. M. Basir
  Q: IM a painter, ive done some paintings i'd like to screen print onto tshirts. The printers suggest ...
  A: Good question David. But I need more information from the printer. I would suggest breaking out the ...
photoshop cs211/13/2014Richard Rost
  Q: I am starting a online business selling children's jewelry. The company supplying me has a online ...
  A: How are you copying and pasting? You really shouldn't need Photoshop for this since you're not ...
color background8/28/2014Eric C. M. Basir
  Q: I have downloaded a clip art red heart which I want to put around someone in an inDesign doc. When I ...
  A: You need to build a path around the heart with the Path Tool in Photoshop. When you import to ...
Photoshop on Celeron7/25/2014Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I want to buy a computer and on a budget. I would just like to know if Adobe Photoshop runs on an ...
  A: Here are the requirements for the most recent versions of Adobe Photoshop: ...
Can't Open NEF and ORF file in Photoshop7/16/2014Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: Hey, I am a novice photo editor.I use to edit photos for some photographers.I am given some NEF and ...
  A: You can try making sure you have run all your current updates, but I'm sure it is a case where your ...
ebook cover7/8/2014Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: Mr. Stohlmeyer: I don't presently have photoshop, but I see that you have expert knowledge in ...
  A: I think the cover is ok for a first idea. Perhaps moving your name down to the bottom and moving the ...
PhotoshopCS5 "Paths"7/1/2014Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: I'm fairly new/beginner with Photoshop and have the followingWhen I click on "paths", nothing is ...
  A: The Paths Panel is supposed to be empty until you use the Pen Tool to create a path which will then ...
Image conversion6/8/2014Dan Loffler
  Q: i have a image and i want to convert it in .jpg/.jpeg format, 140*60 pixel and size limit 10-20 kb ...
  A: It is easy to do this in Adobe Photoshop. First resize the image ... [Image]-[Image Size] in there ...
PDF2/25/2014Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: Is there any way to convert a PDF so that changes can be made in the copy
  A: If you have Acrobat Pro, you may be able to edit the copy if you have the fonts used in the ...
purpose of layers and masking11/11/2013Dan Loffler
  Q: i am an absolute beginner in photoshop and i dont understand layers and masking.... what is the ...
  A: Think of it as a better Eraser Tool. I almost never use the Eraser Tool on a layer. When you use a ...
Elements 5 not reponding10/26/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: Just recently Elements 5 is not responding. I am using Firefox Browser and Windows 7. It has been ...
  A: Unfortunately Elements 5 is not supported on windows 7 and your system has probably updated past the ...
I have a question.10/24/2013Kamal Krishna
  Q: My name is Satsuki. I would be very grateful if you answer this question. I'm disposed to buy ...
  A: You can buy any version of Adobe Photoshop, they all are pretty much same. The latest ones just got ...
Sizing10/16/2013Dan Loffler
  Q: First question - With Photoshop CS5 I am stumped wanting to make larger than standard images. ...
  A: Your thinking in inches like we humans tend to do ;). But Photoshop thinks in pixels, so to answer ...
Photoshop 7 startup9/16/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: You helped me before on a few issues and I'm hoping you can again. I have Photoshop 7.01 that I'm ...
  A: Unfortunately, you have probably updated your system past the point of compatibility with Photoshop ...
Seamless repeatable tile9/13/2013Dan Loffler
  Q: I need to know the easiest and fastest way to make a seamleas repeatable tile For fabric printing. ...
  A: You will not be able to use the image you sent me because it needs to have the entire flower or all ...
Running Adobe Elements 3 on Windows 7.9/7/2013Kamal Krishna
  Q: Can I reinstall and run Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 on my new computer? I am running Windows 7 ...
  A: Iam afraid Adobe Photoshop Elements is not compatible with Windows 7. However i have found a ...
Filters in Essentials8/25/2013Kevin Stohlmeyer
  Q: "I have Photoshop Essentials 10. I am working with a 4x5 B/W negative and am trying to apply the Old ...
  A: The Old Paper filter will only work in RGB mode, so the other sites were correct. Once you change ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Adobe Photoshop

Dan Loffler

Top Expert on this page