Adobe Photoshop/Purchasing a photo

Hi Glen,

I am publishing an e-book and have found a stock photo to use as my cover. However, someone else (sister) will be doing the fonts, etc., as she has Photoshop on her computer. If I purchase the photo, will I be able to transfer it to her? Or will it be better if I give her the money, and she downloads it to her own computer?

Hi Carol,

Most stock images download as .jpg files. You can transfer it to your sister by burning a dvd or putting it on a flash drive, the file may be too big to email though. If there is any question, have your sister download it for the book cover and give you a copy if you want it to use later.

Hope this helps,

Adobe Photoshop

Glen Demers

I am an Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop 7 and can answer any questions dealing with images for print; resolution, color correction, color space, sharpening and retouching. I am a prepress technician for Best Printing Online and if you want to know how to prepare your image for offset reproduction, I can help.

I've been working in the prepress aspect of printing for 25 years and am currently a prepress technician for Best Printing Online
I've worked with Photoshop since 1994 and have used all versions from 3 to CS3. I'm an ACE (Adobe certified expert) in Photoshop 7.0

I graduated High School and took 1 year of College level offset printing course. I've attended 2 Photoshop World conferences and taken numerous seminars pertaining to Photoshop and the print industry.