Adobe Photoshop/How to Convert Logo in Photoshop to Illustrator

Good day
I have a logo designed in Adobe Photoshop and wanted to convert it to illustrator? How do I do this?

Hi Sunil,
Photoshop is  a raster baed program and Illustrator is Vector based, so there is actually no automatic method of conversion. However you can always open a Photoshop file in Illustrator.

On an other note, if the logo has no gradients and is solid color. Open it in Illustrator and use the option called Image Trace (Or Live Trace based on your version.) Here's a tutorial how to use it.

- Kamal Krishna

Adobe Photoshop

Kamal Krishna

I am a Photoshop professional and have been using the tool since 1998. Since then I have been constantly upgrading myself with the newer versions of the same. Please feel free to ask me for issues or difficulties, be it technical or creative. I am here to help.

About 17years, I have been using photoshop since it was 3.0 extensively for print media, animation, presentations, broadcast designs, mobile content etc.

Bachelor of Science(Computers)

Brainbench Certified for Adobe Photoshop 7.0, Adobe Photoshop 6.0, Adobe Photoshop 5.5.