Adobe Photoshop/Query

Good day
I am trying to switch to one color and it is automatically changing to another. For example I having been trying it with a shade of blue- that is I want to use RGB- O,0, 255. When I type in these figures the shade of blue that i want pops up in the color picker box but there is a tiny square with another shade of blue (darker) that appears next to the blue I want. Above the small box with the darker shade of blue is a tiny yellow triangle with a ! inside. This shade of blue is RGB - 51, 78, 162 and this is what appears when I try to change to RGB- 0,0,255. I have tried many things but cant seem to get the 0,0,255.
Can you give me any insights into what may be causing this and what can I do.

Hi Sunil, sorry about the late reply, I was out of the country and had no internet.

If you are working in CMYK, this will happen. The RGB color space is not printable in ink on paper. So Photoshop will make the closest color that is printable. You can switch to RGB by going to ... Image - Mode. But if you are intending to have the image printed it's best to work in CMYK.

Adobe Photoshop

Dan Loffler

I can help with specific "How To" questions. No Photoshop Elements questions please.

I have been using Photoshop every day in my work as an Art Director and Graphic Artist since 1993 with version 2.5. I am currently employed as a Creative Director in Miami. I have taught computer graphics classes at CompUSA, Computer City. I currently teach a crash course on Photoshop to digital photographers on Digital Photography Corner's Digital Photography Cruises. I have worked as a personal Photoshop tutor for clients as far away as Seoul Korea.