Adobe Photoshop/Ref: question

Good day
I am trying to switch to one color and it is automatically changing to another. For example I having been trying it with a shade of blue- that is I want to use RGB- O,0, 255. When I type in these figures the shade of blue that i want pops up in the color picker box but there is a tiny square with another shade of blue (darker) that appears next to the blue I want. Above the small box with the darker shade of blue is a tiny yellow triangle with a ! inside. This shade of blue is RGB - 51, 78, 162 and this is what appears when I try to change to RGB- 0,0,255. I have tried many things but cant seem to get the 0,0,255.
Can you give me any insights into what may be causing this and what can I do.

The ! symbol means it is out of gamut. That is, it won't print in that color. When you click it, it puts your blue into a "safe" range for printing. If you're using the color online only, then you should be fine with 0,0,255. So don't click that ! symbol. Then it will stay.

Adobe Photoshop

Eric C. M. Basir

Ask me about anything related to working on your photos in Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Photoshop Elements: Tools, functions, color, contrast, manipulation, restoration and scanning.

Since 1999, I have served as a digital photo retoucher for companies of all sizes, including United Airlines, K-Mart. I also serve individuals with their personal photos. This includes training through my video courses. Ask me about anything related to working on your photos: Color, contrast, manipulation, restoration, software, hardware. I run a no-charge photo retouching and restoration how-to YouTube channel here: I also run a blog full of great advice:

Genealogical Speakers Guild

Numerous genealogical society quarterlies The Photo Grafix Blog

Columbia College Chicago City University of New York

Iqra International Educational Foundation Publications International Creatista Azizah Magazine Sears K-Mart C-Line Products, Inc. Promogul True Modern Harappa Tucker-Knapp United Airlines Folks like you!