Adobe Photoshop/Special Effects Free

I need a free photo-editing software that--

1. Is intuitive and easy to use.
2. Can easily create 3D special effects like super-powers. e.g Ice blasting from hand etc. And can create movie poster-type pictures.
3. Can change facial features. e.g. improving the shape of the nose.

Can you suggest the top 5 such software? Adobe is too costly and difficult to learn. So a free alternative would have been helpful.

Thank You

Hi Brown,

Have you looked at Adobe Photoshop Elements, it's cheaper than the full version and has a lot of the special effects in it.

The only free program I've used is Gimp. It is almost as powerful as Photoshop.

You can also look at this;

Hope this helps,

Adobe Photoshop

Glen Demers

I am an Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop 7 and can answer any questions dealing with images for print; resolution, color correction, color space, sharpening and retouching. I am a prepress technician for Best Printing Online and if you want to know how to prepare your image for offset reproduction, I can help.

I've been working in the prepress aspect of printing for 25 years and am currently a prepress technician for Best Printing Online
I've worked with Photoshop since 1994 and have used all versions from 3 to CS3. I'm an ACE (Adobe certified expert) in Photoshop 7.0

I graduated High School and took 1 year of College level offset printing course. I've attended 2 Photoshop World conferences and taken numerous seminars pertaining to Photoshop and the print industry.