Adobe Photoshop/Special Effects Free

Question

I need a free photo-editing software that--

1. Is intuitive and easy to use.
2. Can easily create 3D special effects like super-powers. e.g Ice blasting from hand etc. And can create movie poster-type pictures.
3. Can change facial features. e.g. improving the shape of the nose.

Can you suggest the top 5 such software? Adobe is too costly and difficult to learn. So a free alternative would have been helpful.

Thank You

Answer
Hi Brown,

Have you looked at Adobe Photoshop Elements, it's cheaper than the full version and has a lot of the special effects in it.

The only free program I've used is Gimp. It is almost as powerful as Photoshop.

You can also look at this;
http://sixrevisions.com/graphics-design/10-excellent-open-source-and-free-altern

Hope this helps,

Adobe Photoshop

Glen Demers