Adobe Photoshop/"Analog" effect how to

Question
Hi Mr. Loffler,
I have been trying to get the following effect:

http://www.spirit-of-rock.com/les%20goupes/A/Agent%20Orange/Everything%20Turns%2

I have taken my original image and desaturated it > adjusted the hue slider set to "color" > then adjusted contrast and can't quite seem to get it right. I want it to be the orange/blue you see in the picture link :-)

Answer
Hi Mike,

You might try Lighten or Darken layer blend mode. I would try different blend modes, "Difference" may work, but you may have to make the top image a different color or invert the colors to make it work. Try "Color Burn" or "Color Dodge".

Just try different things until you get what you want. You may need to remove the background color from the top image, A good way to do this is to turn off all the layers except the top image and look at the channels, the Crtl-click the channel with the most contrast to make it a selection then make a layer mask.

I hope this gives you some ideas to try.

Dan

Adobe Photoshop

Dan Loffler