Adobe Photoshop/editing a baby picture

baby picture
baby picture  
i want to get a shot that i see a lot of pro photographer get.....its of the baby sitting with there chin in there hands....i have done some research and found out that they take two pictures with there hand holding up the forehead then another holding the chin...then they take the two halves without the hand in the picture and combined them....i have adobe cs5....can i achieve this shot in that program....if so how???what should i look for...please help....thank you!!!

This just looks like a job for some very careful masking. Trace the outline of her head and place it over the bottom of the other picture, and then do the same for the bottom of the other picture. Blend any rough spots. The hardest part is going to be making sure the shadows match up (your hand will cast shadows) but you could just blur the background a little. I covered most of this in my Photoshop 103 class.

Adobe Photoshop

Richard Rost

I can answer any and all questions regarding Adobe Photoshop. If you need help with layers, masks, channels, paths, fixing photos, drawing by hand, or even filters, feel free to ask me.

I have been teaching Photoshop in the classroom and online for almost a decade. I currently teach online at

I am completely self-taught with Photoshop - which I believe is the best way to learn. A good book, tutorials, and experts (such as those here at AllExperts) to ask question of is the best way to understand a subject. I have been an Expert here at AllExperts in several other catgeories (MS Word, Excel, Windows, etc.) for a long time.