Adobe Photoshop/fuzzy text on print out

fuzzy text
fuzzy text  
Aloha from Hawaii:)
CS2 Windows 7
I sent a wedding invitation to a printer and was very disappointed with the text portion of the printout. The text came out fuzzy, but the images were fine. I  printed it out on my printer at home (Epson XP 800) and it printed out beautifully, clean, sharp and crisp, both text and image.
The Original high resolution file I uploaded to the printers was a jpg, 300ppi,  2100pixels x 1500pixels.
When I queried the printers they said the resolution they received was 291ppi.
Does resolution get lost in the upload? Or is this a compression pitfall of a jpeg file? What else would make the text look fuzzy? It was a high resolution file I sent over.

Hi Arlene,
Is it ppi or dpi.
Anyways it is never advised to use JPG for printing purpose, as JPG compresses and optimizes quality of the image.
The best option is to save it as Tiff or a High quality PDF at 300dpi.

Also between 300 to 291 dpi the quality change is not that visible. So i dont think your text was fuzzy because of that.

- Kamal Krishna

Adobe Photoshop

Kamal Krishna

I am a Photoshop professional and have been using the tool since 1998. Since then I have been constantly upgrading myself with the newer versions of the same. Please feel free to ask me for issues or difficulties, be it technical or creative. I am here to help.

About 17years, I have been using photoshop since it was 3.0 extensively for print media, animation, presentations, broadcast designs, mobile content etc.

Bachelor of Science(Computers)

Brainbench Certified for Adobe Photoshop 7.0, Adobe Photoshop 6.0, Adobe Photoshop 5.5.