Adobe Photoshop/Wave Filter

Please explain in detail what all the sliders in the Wave filter dialog box does( no of generators, wavelength, amplitude and scale). The difference between sine, triangle and square types??wrap around and repeat edge pixels??

Wavelength is distance from one wave crest to the next. Set both sliders to the same value to create a consistent pattern of wave crests. Amplitude is wave strength. Drag the horizontal and vertical Scale sliders to set the height and width of the wave effect.

Sine is a rolling type of wave, triangle and square are your other wave type (shape) options.

Select the Wrap Around option to fill the voids in the image with content from the opposite edge of the image, or select Repeat Edge Pixels to extend the colors of pixels along the image's edge in the direction specified.

Good luck!

Adobe Photoshop

Evgenia (Jenny) Grinblo

I am a freelance graphic designer with over 7 years of experience. Self-taught Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite user.

I have a B.A. in Sociology and Global Citizenship. I've taken various courses in design process and software, fine arts, and design technology.