Adobe Photoshop/PhotoShop how to superimpose two layers

Greetings Mr. Basir,

My name is Tetsu, and I am writing to ask for your expertise in PhotoShop.  I need to superimpose two png or jpeg layers into one using PhotoShop.  Those two layers are of the identical size, and I need to place the second layer on top of the first one yet the features on both layers should show.  Could you tell me how to do it?  I know it can be done.  Thank you in advance.  Tetsu.

Tetsu thanks for the question. You can use the eraser tool to erase features from the top layer to make bottom layer features show. A more advanced, but more precise, method would be to use layer masks. Here's a tutorial:

Adobe Photoshop

Eric C. M. Basir

Ask me about anything related to working on your photos in Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Photoshop Elements: Tools, functions, color, contrast, manipulation, restoration and scanning.

Since 1999, I have served as a digital photo retoucher for companies of all sizes, including United Airlines, K-Mart. I also serve individuals with their personal photos. This includes training through my video courses. Ask me about anything related to working on your photos: Color, contrast, manipulation, restoration, software, hardware. I run a no-charge photo retouching and restoration how-to YouTube channel here: I also run a blog full of great advice:

Genealogical Speakers Guild

Numerous genealogical society quarterlies The Photo Grafix Blog

Columbia College Chicago City University of New York

Iqra International Educational Foundation Publications International Creatista Azizah Magazine Sears K-Mart C-Line Products, Inc. Promogul True Modern Harappa Tucker-Knapp United Airlines Folks like you!