Adobe Photoshop/ebook cover REVISION

sheridan hope
sheridan hope  
QUESTION: Mr. Stohlmeyer:

I don't presently have photoshop, but I see that you have expert knowledge in illustration and design.
I designed my ebook cover using Amazon cover creator. It's very limited in what it does and I would appreciate any feedback, opinion , comments on the attached cover

Demetrius Sherman

ANSWER: Hi Demetrius,

I think the cover is ok for a first idea. Perhaps moving your name down to the bottom and moving the hand up so it touches the red box would not make the cut off hand as obvious. I would also consider reversing the title color to white. Black on red can be very hard to read.

Also I would reorganize the line breaks for the title so it reads:

and then make "Volume 2" smaller.

second cover
second cover  
QUESTION: Mr. Stohlmeyet
I followed your instructions best I could. Attached is revision.
In order to fit title in box that way, I had to make title smaller.
It would not let me move my name lower or move image.

In thumbnail title is harder to read in white text, red background, but can be read large size.
What do you think?

Try using a bolder font for the title, not such a thin one. I agree a thin font is hard to read on color.  

It's unfortunate that you cannot move that image or your name, as it is very awkward to have your name in the middle of the cover and the hand cut off at the top. Perhaps you should look at a local designer as a resource to help you create an image for the cover, where you could design it exactly how you want instead of being restricted by the site.

Adobe Photoshop

Kevin Stohlmeyer

I am an Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Community Professional and Adobe Freelance Professional. I travel nationally speaking on Adobe Creative Suite applications, including Illustrator and design. I can answer questions about Adobe Illustrator version CS1 through the all-new Creative Cloud.

I am an Adobe Certified Instructor for Adobe Photoshop and have been teaching this software in college/higher education and for an Adobe Authorized Training Center since 2000. I have been an active user of Adobe Photoshop as a professional graphic designer and retoucher since 1994. I also am a published author for Adobe Inspire Magazine, writing articles on Creative Suite applications including Photoshop, Illustrator and the Adobe Touch apps.

Adobe Freelancers Program Adobe Influencers Program Milwaukee Adobe Users Group AIGA National Association of Photoshop Professionals C2 Graphics Productivity Solutions

Adobe Inspire Magazine Photoshop User Magazine Layers Magazine

BA - Graphic Design Adobe Certified Instructor - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Adobe Community Professional - Adobe Creative Suite

Member, Adobe Influencers Program and Adobe Freelancer Member Spotlight, National Association of Photoshop Professionals, November 2011 Runner-Up, The Next Adobe Photoshop Evangelist contest, 2010, 2011 Runner-Up Layers Magazine Design Contest

Harley Davidson, Reader's Digest, GE Medical Division, Kohl's Corporate, Bon-Ton/Boston Stores, Cramer-Krasselt, Marquette University, AIGA, Mattel/American Girl, Photoshop World