Adobe Photoshop/32-bit and post production

I use Photoshop CS5 for post production. Would like to know how to keep the details of a 32-bit exr file while doing post production. Since there are various passes I need to work with and a 32-bit image being non-supportive of many features until converted to 16-bit, I have to convert a 32-bit exr file into a 16-bit jpg image. My only concern is how to retain the details that a 32-bit file provides.

Hi Shridevi,
How about convert your image into a smart object.
Change the depth into 16-bit, apply all your effects.
change back to 32-bit before exporting to the final format. (Click on Dont rasterize/Flatten)
Smart object will retain the quality of your picture.

Try and see if this works for you.

- Cheers,
Kamal Krishna

Adobe Photoshop

Kamal Krishna

I am a Photoshop professional and have been using the tool since 1998. Since then I have been constantly upgrading myself with the newer versions of the same. Please feel free to ask me for issues or difficulties, be it technical or creative. I am here to help.

About 17years, I have been using photoshop since it was 3.0 extensively for print media, animation, presentations, broadcast designs, mobile content etc.

Bachelor of Science(Computers)

Brainbench Certified for Adobe Photoshop 7.0, Adobe Photoshop 6.0, Adobe Photoshop 5.5.