Adobe Photoshop/Hello

Question
Hope u are having good day

Can you tell my how to vectorize an image in Photoshop without spoiling texture . How clone tool can help in this regard?

Regards
Mahreen Junaid

Answer
Hi Mahreen,

To vectorized an image is to change it to vector "objects" from pixels. When I vectorize an image in Photoshop I usually use the Pen tool and manually draw the shapes I need over the image then set the fill and stroke colors or textures. And to answer the texture question, there is no texture in a vector object, so you can't retain the texture of the original image. A vector object is an outline and a fill, the fill can be a color or in some cases a texture, but it will not retain anything of the original image.

The Clone tool has no utility in vectorizing an image, it's not used in the process.

I know this is not very helpful, but you should probably Google the term vectorize.

Dan

Adobe Photoshop

Dan Loffler