Adobe Photoshop/Hello

Hope u are having good day

Can you tell my how to vectorize an image in Photoshop without spoiling texture . How clone tool can help in this regard?

Mahreen Junaid

Hi Mahreen,

To vectorized an image is to change it to vector "objects" from pixels. When I vectorize an image in Photoshop I usually use the Pen tool and manually draw the shapes I need over the image then set the fill and stroke colors or textures. And to answer the texture question, there is no texture in a vector object, so you can't retain the texture of the original image. A vector object is an outline and a fill, the fill can be a color or in some cases a texture, but it will not retain anything of the original image.

The Clone tool has no utility in vectorizing an image, it's not used in the process.

I know this is not very helpful, but you should probably Google the term vectorize.

Adobe Photoshop

Dan Loffler

I can help with specific "How To" questions. No Photoshop Elements questions please.

I have been using Photoshop every day in my work as an Art Director and Graphic Artist since 1993 with version 2.5. I am currently employed as a Creative Director in Miami. I have taught computer graphics classes at CompUSA, Computer City. I currently teach a crash course on Photoshop to digital photographers on Digital Photography Corner's Digital Photography Cruises. I have worked as a personal Photoshop tutor for clients as far away as Seoul Korea.