Adobe Photoshop/Photo Editing



I have a rather specific question about photo editing that I don't know how to phrase. I want to know how to edit a photo so that it looks old (but in a specific way - not just aged). There's a style where the photo looks like it's made of dots if you look closely.

I've included a link below that is a great example of exactly what I mean. It shows a close up of its images. If you scroll to the fourth image you'll see what I mean.

Thanks so much for you help and time!

Thanks for asking Sadie. With your picture open, simply to to the menu for Filter = Pixelate = Color Halftone. Experiment with the settings and you'll be set!

I made a short movie for you.

I will keep it in my Dropbox for a day or so before uploading to my Youtube Channel at

Adobe Photoshop

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Eric C. M. Basir


Ask me about anything related to working on your photos in Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Photoshop Elements: Tools, functions, color, contrast, manipulation, restoration and scanning.


Since 1999, I have served as a digital photo retoucher for companies of all sizes, including United Airlines, K-Mart. I also serve individuals with their personal photos. This includes training through my video courses. Ask me about anything related to working on your photos: Color, contrast, manipulation, restoration, software, hardware. I run a no-charge photo retouching and restoration how-to YouTube channel here: I also run a blog full of great advice:

Genealogical Speakers Guild

Numerous genealogical society quarterlies The Photo Grafix Blog

Columbia College Chicago City University of New York

Past/Present Clients
Iqra International Educational Foundation Publications International Creatista Azizah Magazine Sears K-Mart C-Line Products, Inc. Promogul True Modern Harappa Tucker-Knapp United Airlines Folks like you!

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]