Adobe Photoshop/Turning or twisting the Marquee

Hi, I am trying to use an elliptical tool to help me erase part of the end of a product we sell so that the curve is nice and smooth.  The only problem I am having is that when I use the elliptical tool and I twist or turn the selected area.   When I twist the elliptical it takes the picture that it is wrapped around it and twists that part of the picture too.  I just want to set the elliptical up so that I can use it (as an inverse) to erase something, but it would be nice if I could twist or turn the elliptical so that I can select the exact part of the picture I want, which is never a true circle.

Hi Jeff,

I'm pretty sure I understand.

What you want to do is, get the ellipse as close as possible, then go up to the menus across the top and choose [Select]-[Transform Selection]. This will give you the same transform handles and functionality but only effects the selection, not the image.

Adobe Photoshop

Dan Loffler

I can help with specific "How To" questions. No Photoshop Elements questions please.

I have been using Photoshop every day in my work as an Art Director and Graphic Artist since 1993 with version 2.5. I am currently employed as a Creative Director in Miami. I have taught computer graphics classes at CompUSA, Computer City. I currently teach a crash course on Photoshop to digital photographers on Digital Photography Corner's Digital Photography Cruises. I have worked as a personal Photoshop tutor for clients as far away as Seoul Korea.