Adobe Photoshop/Color change with shading

Question
O_Png-5in
O_Png-5in  
I am wanting to change the color of an object and retain it's shading. I will include the .png file that I am referring about.
I had an Allexpert do this sometime ago (yrs) but unable to locate the printoff of the email with directions on how to accomplish this. I remember it was an easy 3 or 4 click method.
Thanks in advance.
Jim

Answer
Hi Jim,
Easiest solution would be.
1. Create a new layer on top of your object Layer. Fill it with the desired color you want the object to be.
2.Change the Blending mode of this layer to Hue or color.
3. cntl+alt+G to create a clipping mask.
ta da!

The other solution would be applying "Image>adjustments?Hue/Saturation" and changing the values of Hue, Saturation & Lightness until you are satisfied.

Let me know if u need further assistance

Cheers,
Kamal Krishna
www.kamalkrishna.com

Adobe Photoshop

Kamal Krishna