Adobe Photoshop/Questions Answered by Expert Eric C. M. Basir

SubjectDate Asked
Deleting layers1/22/2017
  Q: I have Adobe Photoshop CS4 and often use it to edit pictures. Most of the time when I select part of ...
  A: This is extremely difficult to troubleshoot without seeing what you are doing. I am thinking you ...
Drag and Move original size images to another image to have same original size.3/21/2016
  Q: 1. I am getting frustrated and aggravated about this and hope that you can help me with this. Okay, ...
  A: This is a tough one to answer without seeing what you are describing. However, I wondering if you ...
Photo Editing2/5/2016
  Q: I have a rather specific question about photo editing that I don't know how to phrase. I want to ...
  A: With your picture open, simply to to the menu for Filter = Pixelate = Color Halftone. Experiment ...
image size11/11/2015
  Q: ERIC Thanks for our discussion today. I don't have a printer or scanner. Many people now say that ...
  A: James, I recommend Epson for scanners and inkjet printers. Yes, those salesmen are notorious for ...
image size11/11/2015
  Q: I am using P ELEMENTS 10 ON a mac mini, OSX ELCAPITAN. I think the above may be irrelevant. I made ...
  A: James, the Image Size in PSElements is the total size in RAM. When you save a JPG of that file is ...
need select particular area using action script5/12/2015
  Q: hi this is imran i want to select shadow region using action script in photo shop
  A: Imran, I am not familiar with any such actions—at least ones that actually work to my liking. ...
Elements 111/13/2015
  Q: I am learning elements 11 and would welcome some advice. just learnt how to produce a "matt" effect ...
  A: By Matt effect, you mean simulating the matte board used in framing pictures that give them a very ...
spot colour12/5/2014
  Q: IM a painter, ive done some paintings i'd like to screen print onto tshirts. The printers suggest ...
  A: Good question David. But I need more information from the printer. I would suggest breaking out the ...
color background8/28/2014
  Q: I have downloaded a clip art red heart which I want to put around someone in an inDesign doc. When I ...
  A: You need to build a path around the heart with the Path Tool in Photoshop. When you import to ...
Filters in Essentials8/24/2013
  Q: I have Photoshop Essentials 10. I am working with a 4x5 B/W negative and am trying to apply the Old ...
  A: What exactly did you use to scan the negative? I'm wondering if you have the scanner settings on an ...
PhotoShop how to superimpose two layers8/11/2013
  Q: Greetings Mr. Basir, My name is Tetsu, and I am writing to ask for your expertise in PhotoShop. I ...
  A: Tetsu thanks for the question. You can use the eraser tool to erase features from the top layer to ...
RGB / indexed color?7/25/2013
  Q: Sone background: I am an xml programmer, working on a project for a client where I display hundreds ...
  A: There should be very little to no degradation in the images. Indexed color is appropriate for GIFs, ...
Consistent Black within Photoshop7/23/2013
  Q: I have images of jewellery pieces shot onto black backgrounds (these cannot be cut out of their ...
  A: Jemma, I suggest you make sure the page in your page layout program has the same CMYK numbers as the ...
picture over a picture4/24/2013
  Q: I am trying to put the phantom mask over a current picture of myself but i am not having much luck. ...
  A: Mike, you can obtain a free trial version of Adobe Photoshop Elements. ...
Photoshop message4/13/2013
  Q: I have an early version of Photoshop Elements (2.0) on my iMac G4 desktop. Lately when I go to use ...
  A: Bob, make sure your trash is emptied. Full trash can take up hard drive space. Hard drive space is ...
correct color2/22/2013
  Q: For me, the best way to get the true color of a damaged photo, is to take the lasso tool and get a ...
  A: Color correcting is a subjective art with some conventions. So what you do will not be the same as ...
MAC version2/13/2013
  Q: I purchased the "Photorestoration and Retouching Foundations" with the date of 2009 on the DVD. I ...
  A: Absolutely! Thanks for contacting me. Keep in mind this is not a software program. It is a video ...
Question2/2/2013
  Q: Good day With reference to Pantone Colors, how do I find out the relevant conversion to CMYK in ...
  A: Illustrator is a vector program. You will not be able to adjust resolution since it has no limit. ...
Ref: question12/27/2012
  Q: Good day I am trying to switch to one color and it is automatically changing to another. For ...
  A: The ! symbol means it is out of gamut. That is, it won't print in that color. When you click it, it ...
query12/14/2012
  Q: Good day Got the following questions 1. I designed a logo in illustrator and had to convert a part ...
  A: Sorry for the delay. I though I answered this already, but did not. Your CMYK numbers could be ...
Ref: question12/6/2012
  Q: Good day Lets say that I design a logo in adobe illustrator or photoshop and the logo is round. How ...
  A: All images are based on square height and width. So you cannot make a round image. However you can ...
Light12/1/2012
  Q: I.m hoping to create an image of a glowing building in a dark night sky. The image of the building I ...
  A: Tough call with a line drawing. First you need to color it in. Then you can take selected ...
Foggy background11/28/2012
  Q: I would like to ask you how to create such foggy background like on this picture ...
  A: You need to isolate that sky from the rest of the image with a selection and use ...
suddenly stopped resizing9/14/2012
  Q: I have photoshop elements 5. And this past week it has stopped letting me resize a frame, or file. ...
  A: Look at the top bar under the menu. This image shows the Options Bar with Height and Width. ...
How to blur a face so it cannot be unblurred9/2/2012
  Q: I am a Photoshop newbie and I'm wondering if there is a way to blur a face or another part in a ...
  A: Sounds like a good technique to blur. Un-blurring can only occur if you go back through your history ...
Transform tool pixelating image?7/4/2012
  Q: I'm using Photoshop to design a header for a website. I want to place an image (3264 px by 2448 px ...
  A: I highly recommend you adjust the size of the image before placing it. You can try copying and ...
Image size5/26/2012
  Q: im new to photoshop and i want to make a christening invitation with the theme of smurfs. I have the ...
  A: Sounds like the resolution (PPI/DPI) is different between the two images (access it through the menu ...
photo merge/stitching5/22/2012
  Q: I'm a screen printer and I have a project (a bourbon bottle) where I have to move the break in a ...
  A: Marianne, my time is extremely limited, so I could not give you a perfect example. It was also ...
removing blemishes from a picture1/26/2012
  Q: I’m working on a picture in the size of 100x70 cm and there are lots of spots and blemishes in the ...
  A: Without seeing the picture, it's hard to advise you. However, if it's that bad, you're going to need ...
text in Adobe11/14/2011
  Q: Ok, this is something i've put up with far too long. When I add text in Microsoft Word, text looks ...
  A: Your link does not work for me. So I'm not sure what it looks like. Create a new 300 dpi image ...

All Questions in This Category

Adobe Photoshop

Eric C. M. Basir

Top Expert on this page