Adobe Photoshop/Questions Answered by Expert Kamal Krishna

SubjectDate Asked
Color change with shading1/27/2017
  Q: I am wanting to change the color of an object and retain it's shading. I will include the .png file ...
  A: Easiest solution would be. 1. Create a new layer on top of your object Layer. Fill it with the ...
Photoshop Elements Question7/6/2016
  Q: When I open a jpg (or other image) there is a large gray border around it that I cannot crop out or ...
  A: The image you attached is that a screenshot/printscreen of what you see? Or does that grey stay when ...
Drag and Move original size images to another image to have same original size.3/21/2016
  Q: 1. I am getting frustrated and aggravated about this and hope that you can help me with this. Okay, ...
  A: Iam not completely sure if i understood the problem. Is the dpi same on both documents? However ...
32-bit and post production2/12/2015
  Q: I use Photoshop CS5 for post production. Would like to know how to keep the details of a 32-bit exr ...
  A: How about convert your image into a smart object. Change the depth into 16-bit, apply all your ...
Photoshop1/23/2015
  Q: Sir how to give dry brush effect stroke to a circle. it should look like it is being painted by dry ...
  A: This is best achieved in Adobe Illustrator rather than Photoshop. In illustrator you just draw a ...
Soft focus an object12/8/2014
  Q: Sir I am using Adobe Photoshop7.0 but I can't find the quick selection tool. So what should I do to ...
  A: Try pressing W that gives you Magic wand.. now press Shift+W that should give you Quick Selection ...
I have a question.10/24/2013
  Q: My name is Satsuki. I would be very grateful if you answer this question. I'm disposed to buy ...
  A: You can buy any version of Adobe Photoshop, they all are pretty much same. The latest ones just got ...
Running Adobe Elements 3 on Windows 7.9/7/2013
  Q: Can I reinstall and run Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 on my new computer? I am running Windows 7 ...
  A: Iam afraid Adobe Photoshop Elements is not compatible with Windows 7. However i have found a ...
Blending images in7/3/2013
  Q: my name is Scott, pleased to meet you. I need help with techniques to blend in images with other ...
  A: Well to start with you are coming to photoshop section and asking ro Gimp tutorials :) I dont use ...
fuzzy text on print out6/22/2013
  Q: Aloha from Hawaii:) CS2 Ė Windows 7 I sent a wedding invitation to a printer and was very ...
  A: Is it ppi or dpi. Anyways it is never advised to use JPG for printing purpose, as JPG compresses and ...
transparant background3/16/2013
  Q: I keep having the same need in my design work and for some reason cannot figure out how to remove ...
  A: So do you have problem in making the image transparent? or do you want your transparent image to ...
CS4 and Windows 83/12/2013
  Q: I loaded CS4 on a new computer with Windows 8. Everything seemed to be working fine. Then I did ...
  A: I need a bit more of information. The files you are unable to open are they in PSD format or saved ...
PS vs. Lightroom2/26/2013
  Q: Whatís the difference between Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 4.3? Please provide detailed examples.
  A: To start with look at the names. Its Adobe Photoshop Vs Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. Which means ...
printed picture doesn't match screen image2/19/2013
  Q: The enclosed picture is in proportion on the monitor screen but when it is printed everyone is ...
  A: Hey Boots, First things first. If a picture looks right on the monitor screen and is wrong when ...
Query2/2/2013
  Q: Good day With reference to Pantone Colors, how do I find out the relevant conversion to CMYK in ...
  A: In Photoshop: to change the document to CMYK. go to the menu <b><i>image>mode>CMYK </i></b> here you ...
How to Convert Logo in Photoshop to Illustrator12/15/2012
  Q: Good day I have a logo designed in Adobe Photoshop and wanted to convert it to illustrator? How do I ...
  A: Photoshop is a raster baed program and Illustrator is Vector based, so there is actually no ...
Ref: question...12/6/2012
  Q: Good day Lets say that I design a logo in adobe illustrator or photoshop and the logo is round. How ...
  A: In the case of photoshop, once you are done designing the logo, make sure you delete/hide the ...
Texture10/24/2012
  Q: I would love to know how this guy made this texture that is wrapped around the skull ? and how did ...
  A: Its a very easy effect, its a filter If you are using Photoshop CS6, there is a filter called Oil ...
Photoshop type tool.....10/16/2012
  Q: Can you please help me with this...... When I select the type tool and write "Home <tab> Menu <tab> ...
  A: Well Photoshop was not designed as a page layout program, hence that features lacks in it. The text ...
Moving pictures and words10/14/2012
  Q: We have a series of drawings or words in book and when we move the pages in a good speed, it'll look ...
  A: its called flipbook animation. check these links for the steps to create it in photoshop ...
type dissapearing t10/3/2012
  Q: I am using PS 6.0 and am working on a 24x36" document in which one layer is a large amount of text. ...
  A: This could be of several reasons. Try these. 1. Does this happen to all font types? 2. Have you ...
Photoshop CS$ Editing Flatten Layers7/12/2012
  Q: I am a beginner at photoshop but in my new job i have to use it all the time, I am creating business ...
  A: To begin with you should never flatten your source design, because once you do it you will never be ...
Sharpen the resolution of a background photo7/6/2012
  Q: I have a poloroid photo of my mother and my father's photo is on the table within the picture. I ...
  A: You haven't told me how skilled are you at photoshop, and if i understood your query correctly. you ...
query7/2/2012
  Q: would 12.1in atom netbook be too small for photoshopping & other multi-palette apps or it will be ok ...
  A: well it definitely wont be a problem at that size and resolution. Its more of a personal choice on ...
Averages6/25/2012
  Q: I don't suppose Photoshop or preferably some free software can take a retangular or circular ...
  A: Well thats possible in photoshop. you can select any part of the image and apply a Gaussian blur ...
layers5/29/2012
  Q: I tried to make an invitation card without having a prior experience and i was having difficulties ...
  A: Sorry for the delayed response. I didn't understand the problem clearly, if i can look at the file i ...
Drawing arcs around circle and giving embossing effects.8/20/2011
  Q: I am quite new to photoshop. I want to create an arc around a circle and give some effects to it. I ...
  A: I have seen the attached image. Well i see you have given a bevel effect to the arcs around the ...
learning photoshop8/2/2011
  Q: I have been learning by myself on photoshop 7.0 (I know its ancient version :-)))) ) I would like ...
  A: sorry for the delayed response. With Photoshop learning is one thing and then practicing is the ...
Maintaining texture while pasting6/30/2011
  Q: i wana copy a T-shirt from one image and paste it on the another but on a sweater,bz wen i do that ...
  A: Actually that's not a bad job you did. How ever i suggest do not feather out the edges so much. I ...
Basic Adobe Photoshop question5/30/2011
  Q: I am going to buy a new computer. Friends say that I should buy Adobe PhotoShop and Adobe Premier ...
  A: I see you are totally new to photoshop. I'd suggest Adobe Photoshop Elements since you may not ...
eraser tool4/5/2011
  Q: I have a problem with my eraser tool which probably is the simplest thing but I can't find it. I ...
  A: Now that could be a program error, or it could be a setting somewhere. does this happen to all ...
about photoshop2/24/2011
  Q: why photoshop is useful to us?
  A: Photoshop is an Image Manipulation Software that helps in Beautifying photographs. This is only a ...
Selecting hairs2/7/2011
  Q: please could you tell me what is your favorite way to select hairs? If you want to change the ...
  A: depending on the image i use quick mask/ refine edges or by using channels. am posting two detailed ...
Eraser tool error2/7/2011
  Q: i have an error till using eraser tool in cs5, i cant see full round in eraser, brush, burn etc ...
  A: Caps lock should do the trick. if that didnt do.. try going to the preferences > cursors. and see ...
Photos look 'pixelated'1/25/2011
  Q: Well, pixelated probably isn't the right term... you can see in this pic on the subjects cheek. The ...
  A: well the attached pic is too small to see the edges problem. any ways try the following trick, this ...
PhotoshopCS512/16/2010
  Q: Something is funky about my crop tool. When I select the image and hit crop, the whole thing ...
  A: two things. 1. when it shrinks down to a tiny pixel. try zooming in, it could have zoomed out to ...
Font Size11/4/2010
  Q: I have several images in various sizes in which I have to type a description underneath each image. ...
  A: Is it necessary that all those images to be in different sizes? In that case itl really be difficult ...
Transparent background problems10/20/2010
  Q: I have a logo that needs to float over an image, which means it needs a transparent background. I ...
  A: Photoshop 5 uh, its been over a decade i used that version it a great one. not sure how much i ...
Bad Gifs8/17/2010
  Q: I have been using Quark 6.52 for a long time to make an eps, then taking it into Photoshop 8 to ...
  A: I think the color setting have been tampered.. like may be its reducing the colours do you save as ...
print media8/7/2010
  Q: i need 2 create a hoarding of 30 feet by 15 feet with res=300dpi in photoshop but its exceding the ...
  A: create the ad in the size of 30inches x 15inches at 300dpi. That should suffice. And tell the ...
Adobe photoshop clipboard7/15/2010
  Q: Please could you tell me what the clipboard is in adobe photoshop? I have looked alot on the ...
  A: Clipboard is nothing but the temporary memory that stores the date copied. I mean in photoshop when ...
Installing new CS4 Indesign7/4/2010
  Q: I keep having problems towards the end of the installing process - it asked for closing the open ...
  A: If you are using a PC. Try opening up the Task Manager. (Alt+Cntrl+Del) Under Processes. See if any ...
Transmission of HTML & Photoshop File5/14/2010
  Q: Krishna Thank you for your spontaneous cooperation. In fact, I am facing some problems to send HTML ...
  A: hey, ok there's a trick i follow. after u make the html page with the images... open the html page ...
Special backgroud effect1/18/2010
  Q: I already asked you about, how to create same images like the attached image and you replied me to ...
  A: so it was that blue background u were asking... for that you can google "halftone" ...
shadow highlight feature in Photoshop CS21/17/2010
  Q: How can I change the default figures for the Shadow Highlight option in Photoshop CS2? My older ...
  A: its very easy :-) Open the Shadow/Highlight dialog box. check the "Show More options" below. now ...
Printing1/9/2010
  Q: My English is bad so please sorry me for that. Can you wright the all process how to print by laser ...
  A: Printing in a laser printer? didnt get that question. Do u mean that you have a printer but unable ...
photoshop cs41/2/2010
  Q: i need help with the following instructions: Start by opening a new image (mine is 500 x 170 pixels) ...
  A: il try to tell that in a simple manner. Layer 1 is the text you just created. Now your document has ...
Photoshop QuickTime12/29/2009
  Q: I have Photoshop Extended, and I have just created a file with 3D timelines for video. I tried to ...
  A: I think thats because Quicktime is not installed on your machine. Its disabled because quicktime ...
Photoshop to PDF12/22/2009
  Q: I have Photoshop version 7.0 and I would like to transfer a scanning image from Photoshop to a PDF ...
  A: 7.0 i dont really remember but Try File> Save As and in the format box u can select the extension ...
Magic Wand12/7/2009
  Q: My question is concerning the "magic wand" tool in photoshop. Here is my issue - I am trying to ...
  A: after you select the magic wand tool. In the top under the menu bar. There's another bar with the ...
photoshop redish tint11/23/2009
  Q: How can i paint the lips of a photo on a new layer with redish tint?i am new in using photoshop :( ...
  A: A simple method would be. Create a new layer on the top. Paint red color with a brush on top of the ...
about photoshop11/17/2009
  Q: I have learnt photoshop. But pls let me know which way will be a good practice ? creating own ...
  A: i suggest you to try and recreate photoshopped images or ads you see in magazines. this way you will ...
Scratch Disks11/16/2009
  Q: When I try to use a brush in Adobe Photoshop 7.0 a popup say's (could not use brush tool because the ...
  A: go to edit>Preferences>Performance. there under scratch disks. check the boxes of other drives eg. ...
dpi10/29/2009
  Q: I am a beginning photographer and have encountered a new problem that probably has a simple answer. ...
  A: There's nothing wrong with the importing settings or with the camera settings. You can try this ...
to transparent dress8/14/2009
  Q: how can i make persons dress transparent
  A: Theres no automated way to make a dress transparent. If you have to make a dress look transparent, ...
recover psd file8/12/2009
  Q: im a matte painter and im facing a problem concerning photoshop . i was working on a psd. file and ...
  A: usually recovering a corrupt psd file has very less chances. In your case the computer switched off ...
help me plz5/24/2009
  Q: hey I have a problem.I want to know how to cut a picture in Photoshop CS3 I know how you can cut a ...
  A: How different is Photoshop cs3 from photoshop? If you know how to cut a photo in photoshop, then use ...
sell t-shirts with graphics5/17/2009
  Q: I am interested in selling t-shits via Cafepress (a website that sells t-shirts for you). Which ...
  A: Hey lisa, yes, you will have to give the final output with perfect finishing. Printer just takes ...
Reducing images in Photoshop5/12/2009
  Q: A problem I cannot find a solution to. I've reduced some JPEG images with Photoshop, I've decreased ...
  A: If the image you are dealing with is GIF. then convert the mode: Image>Mode>RGB Color else continue ...
photoshop5/11/2009
  Q: how do i put a border around a picture in photoshop??????
  A: Hey, Follow these steps. Select a new layer (shift+cntrl+N) select> all (cntlr+A) Edit > stroke.. ...
printing my images..5/6/2009
  Q: i would like too put the images i have created on my photoshop cs4 onto a memory stick and then go ...
  A: You may wanna save them as TIFF files or JPEG files to take them over to the tesco. While your ...
altering photos to look thinner/smaller4/21/2009
  Q: I recently lost a lot of weight but don't feel that pictures do me justice, and I always end up ...
  A: i'd say anythin is possible in photoshop. However doing a makeover is defly a manual task and a ...
Recovering old Picture: A semitransperent coating came over it. Bluring the entire image.4/16/2009
  Q: I have a more than 20 years old color photograph (my own as a child). It has got a semitransparent ...
  A: That must be due to scanning, try scanning it on a different scanner. Photoshop doesnt not do ...
Photoshop Graphics4/1/2009
  Q: I have only seven weeks to had in a flash project that I'm working on and I understand that in order ...
  A: Dont use PNG 8 instead go for PNG-24 (i assume you are using PNG because u need transparency, else ...
Certain commands not functioning3/13/2009
  Q: Recently installed Photoshop 7 on XP laptop, and several commands (File/New, Image/ImageSize)will ...
  A: This looks like the memory used by Photoshop is not sufficient, check if the ram is too less or if ...
emailing a Photoshop document as a flyer3/5/2009
  Q: Follow your v. useful response to Julia on 6/4/2007 (linking and mailing a Photoshop document) I am ...
  A: Hey Sim, there aren't any special settings for this. Since its going to be an onscreen document it ...
Have a question in Adobe photosho3/3/2009
  Q: i am also a graphic designer but not sure about file format in adobe photoshop, hope you send me the ...
  A: Your question is not clear enuf. If you wanted technical info of the formats: JPEG: ...
Adobe3/1/2009
  Q: Kamal, thanks for helping with my question. I'm a newbie to the world of graphic art. Adobe may be ...
  A: There are multiple tools to do the same work in the market. I'l list out the best tools, you can ...
Photo Files2/23/2009
  Q: Respected Sir,I had lost my photo files (file extension <jpg>)by incidental deletion and I managed ...
  A: i did not find any attachment. Well, try adding ".jpg" at the end of the file name and open it ...
RESOLUTION...2/22/2009
  Q: I have Photoshop CS 8.0 & am having problems with the cartoons I color. I would like my cartoons to ...
  A: Instead of going into IMAGE and setting the width and height i recommend you to create a new file. ...
Will photoshop cs3 work on this desktop?2/5/2009
  Q: I am planing on buying this computer http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/gateway... But when I was ...
  A: First the link is not complete. Photoshop cs3 will definitely work on any of the latest computers. ...
No help file in Photoshop Elements 61/28/2009
  Q: I have just installed Photoshop Elements 6. When I click on the help button, nothing happens. ...
  A: Hey Gregg, There are many complaints regarding this issue, and adobe is aware of this. try: - ...
cs2 saving and renaming.1/27/2009
  Q: i have adobe cs2 and it was working ok but i now have a problem saving files. once i take a jpeg ...
  A: Hey Dave, By default in a file name, anything after a '.' is assumed as the file extension. if u ...
Eliptical Marquee1/24/2009
  Q: I was trying to create a round fade vignette. but found it difficult to select the part of the photo ...
  A: there's an alternative method for that. - in the tools menu select "Ellipse tool (U)" - draw your ...
Adobe Photo Deluxe Business Edition1/22/2009
  Q: We got this program with an HP Scanjet 4850 scanner. I like this program more than any other I've ...
  A: Hey try this method. Right click on the setup and choose properties. Under Compatibility tab ...
How to set a photoshop image to 300 dpi1/21/2009
  Q: Scott, How do you set an image in photoshop to 300 dpi in Photoshop 6.0? im editing images for ...
  A: If you would like to change the dpi to 300. which is used for high quality prints. You can go to the ...
PhotoShop and Background Changes1/12/2009
  Q: I have been using PhotoDeluxe 3 and loved it. Now I can not use it because it is not compatible with ...
  A: 'Magic Wand' in Photoshop is something similar to the Smart Wand, for more accurate and custom ...
Collage and background changes1/7/2009
  Q: I used to use PhotoDeluxe and loved it, it did everything I needed. I can no longer use Photodeluxe ...
  A: Hey Ken, These tutorials should help you.. 1. ...
problem in opening the jpeg files12/23/2008
  Q: Sir, Lastweek I have moved some space from one of the hard drive partition(D drive) to "C" drive. ...
  A: Try opening the file with irfanview (a free image viewer, ...
when reducing file size. how to do this without loosing the deep colour of my picture?12/20/2008
  Q: im a freelance photographer in london. after i have edited my photo, which ends up being around ...
  A: You should try playing with different values there. My suggestion would be: Save It as JPEG, ...
create a circle picture in mac photoshop elements 212/20/2008
  Q: I have tried the way it says to get a circle picture in the questions, but I am a teacher on ...
  A: Try this, Make a circle with the 'Elliptical Marquee Tool' Press Command+C (to copy) Press Command+V ...
Replacing colour in photoshop11/19/2008
  Q: I would like to replace all of the solid white in an image with solid blue. When I use the ...
  A: Hey Astrid, you will not be able to change the colors of white and black using 'Replace Color' ...
Urdu and Photoshop11/7/2008
  Q: I wanted to know how to get Photoshop to recognise Urdu as a text? I am trying to cut and paste ...
  A: Hey Silvia, Yeah Photoshop does get messy when copying foreign language texts. Try these tricks 1. ...
Creating an Advertisement11/5/2008
  Q: How do I add a photo to a project? I am making an ad for our phonebook but I can't figure out how to ...
  A: Hey Elaine, Adding photo to a project would be the first step in photoshop, something like that ...
Transparency Tool11/5/2008
  Q: I want to paste a chain with locket on my own photo. But I want to paste this locket with chain ...
  A: Hey Das, I'l assume that you know the basics already k. So here you go, 1. Cut out the shirt(just ...
Change formet8/30/2008
  Q: Respected, sir, how can i change a photoshop photo to jepg formet (after editing)?
  A: after editing go to the menu File> Save for Web (or Press ctrl+Shift+alt+s). After a dialog box ...
possible to create a non-editable picture?8/14/2008
  Q: I tried a few times putting some text on the photos downloaded from the same web but failed. ...
  A: Hey Rudi, there's no way to create a non-editable picture. Guess your font size is tooo small. after ...
changing from 4 color to 2 color7/14/2008
  Q: ..and I need to change it to 2 color. I am clueless as to what i should do to fix this
  A: am afraid you will have to redo it using only two colors only. You have to redesign without using ...
old photoshop and adobe streamline7/4/2008
  Q: .. I used to work a lot with graphic design but since a while i stoped and things have changed.. I ...
  A: Adobe has discontinued streamline and have added a feature called Live Trace in Adobe Illustrator ...
Scratch drive question5/28/2008
  Q: I hope you can tell me how to use my external 500GB HD as the scratch disk for Photoshop (I am ...
  A: external hard disk can be used as a scratch disk. Connect the hard disk and restart photoshop, it ...
Convert5/27/2008
  Q: How can I convert a picture that is in Adobe Photo Shop to a Jpeg??????
  A: follow these steps. 1) Open the picture in Adobe Photoshop (File>Open) 2) the go to the menu ...
adobe question5/21/2008
  Q: I have 48 different pages, different files, and i want to make it into one 48 page file. I want to ...
  A: In Photoshop you can use an automated feature that will put your files together for you. Just select ...
adobe photoshop CS25/16/2008
  Q: I need to make invitations for a 50th anniversary, and want to do a photo on them, I am not familiar ...
  A: please check the following tutorials, together both will help you design the card. 1) ...
cannot save TGA alpha file5/8/2008
  Q: I am using Photoshop 7 and I cannot save an alpha channel texture file in TGA format, or nay other ...
  A: When you are saving the file, make sure you checked the "Alpha Channel" box. And also save it as a ...
paint bucket5/7/2008
  Q: I am using photoshop7 I canít find the paint bucket on my toolbox And I canít see where to reset ...
  A: Press the letter 'G' if you dont see the paint bucket tool, then try pressing 'Shift G' then you ...
Laptop computer5/7/2008
  Q: I have Adobe PhotoShop CS3 and have been looking for the right laptop. Is there a website that ...
  A: any laptop would do to work on Photoshop. All you have to decide is what kind of work you would be ...
Adobe Photoshop 7 color settings4/29/2008
  Q: I made a mistake in the color settings, and I need to get them back to the originals. My prints ...
  A: If the image looks fine on the computer and prints bad. Then it must be a problem with the printer ...
Edit photo for video overlay4/25/2008
  Q: I have photoshop cs2. I also use pinnacle studio 11 ultimate. I know how to overlay a photo in ...
  A: try this: Create a layer mask for a selected area of an image, then select the Use Video Alpha ...
Digital book cover4/19/2008
  Q: I am trying to make a book cover that I will send over to amazon.com for a book. The cover is in a ...
  A: Their instructions sheet should be having a psd file too. And i think this particular guides layer ...
Font Problems after using photoshop cs24/17/2008
  Q: I recently designed a front cover and divider pages for a cookbook being published and had to upload ...
  A: try installing the fonts again, not by copying but formal installation. Go to ...
Photoshop error message4/11/2008
  Q: At startup, Adobe Photoshop returns the alert "You currently have Adobe Photoshop's primary Scratch ...
  A: ignore that message if you don't have partitions on your computer, i.e. only C: drive and nothing ...
300dpi in Photoshop4/7/2008
  Q: I understand how to create a 300dpi picture, but is there any way to turn an already existing file ...
  A: You can always change the dpi, by going to Image> Image Size... and change the Resolution field. ...
cropping an image4/4/2008
  Q: When I crop an image, the grains and blurriness in the cropped image seem to increase. Any way I can ...
  A: After you select the crop tool, you see the information bar on the top, which has the values width, ...
spherize3/28/2008
  Q: i just started using photoshop cs3, the problem is that: i prepared a 1000 px by 1000px layer, used ...
  A: Check if your document is in RGB mode. If not change it by going to the top Menu Image>Mode>RGB ...
moving layers problem3/26/2008
  Q: nice to meet you :-) I am fairly new to photoshop and I don't know how best to explain my problem, ...
  A: your mail is so sweet, i want to find a solution for your problem anyways. ;-p just let me know if: ...
Problems in color setting in photoshop 73/24/2008
  Q: I using photoshop for web graphic, printing works and photo adjusting since Photoshop 5.5 and never ...
  A: Do one or more of the following: Solution 1: Re-create your monitor ICC profile in Adobe Gamma: 1. ...
Screen Resolution3/18/2008
  Q: I am using a Gateway mediacenter edition computer. It has a wide WIDE variety of resolution ...
  A: screen resolution is only a visual adjustment for the monitor. For Games the usual recommended ...
resize a picture in adobe 3.23/13/2008
  Q: I want my picture to be 400K so i could send it to an agent. How do i do that?
  A: I dont have that version with me, but what you can do is... Open the File in Photoshop go to ...
using brushes3/13/2008
  Q: I have photoshop elements 6.0 and I would like to know what do you use the brushes for and how do ...
  A: Here are couple of links, that'l help you to use photoshop brushes. ...
Photoshop 5 printing problem3/9/2008
  Q: First of all, thanks for your help in advance, this is starting to drive me crazy! I have an HP ...
  A: Try this, After you say File > Print. The 'Print' Dialogue Box opens up. Then Press 'Alt' Key, and ...
bridge opening in Paint now, not Photoshop3/6/2008
  Q: I had browse automatically opening when I started photoshop CS2, on a PC, and clicking an image in ...
  A: Here's a way. - Right click on the image. - under 'Open With' click on 'Choose Program...' - under ...
help with photoshop!!3/5/2008
  Q: i just bought photoshop couple days, but i dont remember much of the stuff on it.. last time i used ...
  A: there are so many exciting things you can do with photoshop. Infact anything is possible. you can ...
photoshop cs3 extended2/29/2008
  Q: i can't seem to see my fonts in photoshop. what's wrong with it? also i tried to increase the font ...
  A: do you mean that when you type you don't see the text. or you don't see the installed fonts in the ...
clearer fonts2/24/2008
  Q: Every font I type in Adobe Photoshop Elements comes out pixelated. How can I improve the font so ...
  A: Increase the resolution of the File. 'Image>Image Size...' resolution = minimum of 100 OR Go to the ...
layer styles option box1/29/2008
  Q: everytime i try and use layer styles, my screen goes into the mode but no options/adjustment box ...
  A: may be the dialogue box is opening up in a different screen (dual monitor setup). After opening up ...
printing a photograph from my computer in color1/27/2008
  Q: I put photographs from my camera on my dellinspiron 530 computer that has adobe photoshop elements ...
  A: If you are able to view a full colored image in photoshop then it should print full colored. And ...
Saving files1/23/2008
  Q: I have Photoshop CS3 Extended version. I've had it for a while now and never had any problems with ...
  A: try one of these: Solution 1: Re-create the Photoshop preferences file. 1. Exit from Photoshop. ...
Convert pics to jpeg or other formats1/16/2008
  Q: I just downloaded adobe photoshop 3.2 & cannot transfer pics from my catalog to another folder by ...
  A: You didnt quite understand what photoshop is. "all pictures transfered to adobe". You cant ...
Help1/13/2008
  Q: I am doing a project where I have to convert a movie character into a sandcastle. I want it to look ...
  A: Check this link http://www.worth1000.com/tutorial.asp?sid=161111&page=1 However this tutorial ...
computer newbie needs help1/5/2008
  Q: I have a laptop and a coworker gave me a copy of adobe photoshop 5.0. I want to learn how to use it ...
  A: Photoshop is a image-editing tool. In other terms its like another program like Picasa. It doesnt ...
Map1/2/2008
  Q: I have photocopied a map and the problem is the map is dark, can I make it lighter using Adobe ...
  A: After opening the map in Photoshop. go to the menu Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast... and ...
Photoshop won't recognize scanner/printer12/28/2007
  Q: I have a Mac OS X and recently installed Photoshop CS. I went to scan in a picture from my HP ...
  A: Do you atleast see "Twain..." in the import, that should do the trick. If that doesnt work, try to ...
Photoshop 612/27/2007
  Q: do you know how i can get brushed from online and place them on photoshop? i have a few brushed on ...
  A: i think you are looking for Photoshop brushes. If that's the case here's a link ...
Photoshop CS3 Extended12/27/2007
  Q: The text tool will not work. I get a message when starting text tool: could not complete your ...
  A: Its definately because of the fonts, there must be a font that is not compatible with PS. ...
Grid12/18/2007
  Q: How to draw a grid in Photoshop 7.0.
  A: Here's a method. http://www.users.cloud9.net/~gparet/cgi-bin/download.cgi? photoshop/grid.zip Copy ...
adobe Photoshop12/15/2007
  Q: I have Photoshop 7.5 can I download this software on my new gateway vista and have no problem with ...
  A: Yes you can use the same software on vista too... it works as good. If at all any problem should ...
Sound Files for Flash11/26/2007
  Q: You may remember that I was working with a friend to make English lessons for Flash to be loaded ...
  A: the .swf file doesn't just get saved, its exported. .fla is what is just saved. You can change the ...
Photoshop Problems11/13/2007
  Q: I have a 1.5 x 6 image that I want to increase to 4x6 by adjusting the canvas size. The problem I'm ...
  A: May be your indexed image doesnt have white color pixel in it. Convert the image into RGB/CMYK mode ...
opening photoshop files11/10/2007
  Q: Kamal, I have a iMac, 2Ghz, intel core 2 duo, OS 10.4.10 and photoshop CS. When I double click on ...
  A: The problem should be with Photoshop. I Think , when you double click, the file is opening with the ...
Mobile Flash Program11/6/2007
  Q: You may remember my situation as you advised me a couple months ago about Flash. You may remember I ...
  A: the sound files you import into flash is wav file or is it the converted mp3 file? Also, while ...
default print settings9/21/2007
  Q: I am using Photoshop CS2 (version 9). I want to make the setting of printing with the option "scale ...
  A: For that setting to be default, you have to do that by going to: Start > Control Panel > Printers > ...
Cropping circles Photoshop CS29/1/2007
  Q: Hoep this does not sound like a silly question. I know how to select a circle part of a photo using ...
  A: Cropping can always happen in rectangle because in photoshop canvas cannot be circular. Only option ...
photoshop after corel8/20/2007
  Q: I had an oil painting reproduction, which I enlarged in Corel. How can I remove now the color ...
  A: All you have to do is 1) open the file in photoshop 2) Pick the Marquee tool from Tools menu ...
Saving mulitple pdf pages in tiff using photoshop8/19/2007
  Q: I have a pdf file which is a scanned book, that is scanned images of text. I figured out how to ...
  A: In Photoshop i think the easier method would be creating an action for it. Check this similar thread ...
color seperation8/17/2007
  Q: wat kind of color separation can it do? and how many colors does it separate?
  A: For offset printing, the printer uses four colors to print Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black (CMYK). ...
Printing; Picture Package8/16/2007
  Q: I cannot seem to do it. I want to print 4 separate photos onto (1) 8.5x11. How do I do it.
  A: As per what i understand from your question. You just have to copy and paste all the 4 separate ...
Kids B-Day Invitations8/14/2007
  Q: I was looking on ebay for invitation for my godchild birthday party. And everyone and their mother ...
  A: Photoshop is an image editing tool, which is used by million of creative people to create print ...
loosing detail when placed in Illustrator.8/3/2007
  Q: I have created a swoosh shape with innerglows, bevels, inner shadows etc to give the effect of water ...
  A: Here's how to get there: Get your working Photoshop file (.psd) to the point it's ready for ...
unknown or invalid jpeg marker7/31/2007
  Q: My daughter who is overseas has sent me a dvd with about 900 jpgs images so that she can unload her ...
  A: Go to http://www.irfanview.com/. Download and install that image viewer. Usually when the JPG image ...
Photoshop Elements 2.07/28/2007
  Q: Let me say upfront that this may be a VERY elementary question, but I'm not very computer literate ...
  A: The photos are not stored in Photoshop Elements, they are stored in the computer. Photoshop elements ...
Mobile Phone Jpegs7/16/2007
  Q: This question is not entirely a Photoshop question, but since you have a diverse background in ...
  A: What i understand here is you want a slide show of jpegs with background music to run on a mobile ...
Photoshop actions7/13/2007
  Q: I'd like to design a Photoshop action in CS3 that will create a frame and drop in a small jpeg ...
  A: One way is copy (ctrl+c) and keep the logo in the clipboard information. Then start playing the ...
The meaning of words about versions7/11/2007
  Q: Kamal. I hope you can answer my question about the "versions" of Photoshop program. I saw this ...
  A: Its just the version number of the Photoshop software you are using. (It's not very important.) The ...
photoshop text problem7/9/2007
  Q: I have a problem when typing text in photoshop CS. here is the detail: i press the text button, and ...
  A: just check if you are using 'Type Tool' or 'Type Mask Tool'. That is long press on the 'text tool' ...
Colour saving problems7/7/2007
  Q: Kamal. I have this problem, where when I save anything in PhotoShop CS2, it changes colours. I tried ...
  A: I assume you are saving using the 'Save For Web' method here. And may be because its being ...
RAW and metadata7/4/2007
  Q: I use bridge to sort / rate photos, and have added alot of metadata to them. . i.e. keywords etc. My ...
  A: For files like JPEG where data can be embedded, check your metadata mappings. Using Bridge the data ...
Pen Tool - Stimulate Pressure7/1/2007
  Q: Hey there. I'm not asking a how to question, but I seem to have some kind of, blip with my pen tool, ...
  A: First try updating the drivers for your tablet, also there have been complains that this is some ...
photoshop6/28/2007
  Q: Gradients will only show b/w to transpancy, will not show gradient black to white etc. How do I ...
  A: there are two ways to apply gradiation in Photoshop 1) Using the 'Gradiation Tool' in the Tools ...
error: could not create a new document because the scratch disks are full6/28/2007
  Q: Please help me with this error. I'm still new at this and would really appreciate your help. I have ...
  A: -) Ok scratch disks full means, that there is no sufficient memory to perform a task. In this case ...
Auto shapes using Photoshop Elements 5.06/26/2007
  Q: How do I make a rectangle with rounded corners? I don't want to manipulate a photo. I want to make a ...
  A: am not sure about Photoshop Elements. But will try to tell you the way its done in Photoshop. I hope ...
fonts in photoshop6/22/2007
  Q: I have downloaded some new fonts (windows, fonts folder) and photoshop cant see them. I checked all ...
  A: It seems that downloading fonts to c/windows/fonts is not enough. You have to then install them by ...
Reduce measurements of image & keep quality6/14/2007
  Q: I want to reduce the measurments of a JPEG that when opened in photoshop comes up in the Image Size ...
  A: Try this, Create a new document in adobe photoshop, with 1.59cm X 2.4cm size and 300 dpi ...
making a dress transparent6/13/2007
  Q: i have seen many photos with proper dressing has been converted to a transparent dress.for example ...
  A: hope this tutorial helps: ...
swf file with linked web-page6/12/2007
  Q: I want to export an animation created in Image ready as an swf file and I need the image to be mouse ...
  A: Let me help you with flash too, if i may, First make the symbol into a 'button', if it has to be ...
resolution, megapixel question6/12/2007
  Q: I have a 7 megapixel camera. After taking pictures and opened it in Photoshop, the pictures are in ...
  A: though its 72dpi, since the image size is BIG, there shouldn't be any problems in printing. Instead ...
Rollovers6/11/2007
  Q: I've created a webpage that has links to pdf files. For the links I created rollovers. I used Image ...
  A: you need to tell me how you have emailed the webpage. There could be something wrong there. Can you ...
photoshop 7 macintosh osx6/9/2007
  Q: My children whish to change body parts from one photo to another for an excercise -could you tell ...
  A: Here's a method, I'll try to be very explanative k. Let's assume there are two pictures A & B, A ...
Drop shadow6/9/2007
  Q: I am using Photoshop No. 7. And need help in creating drop shadows. If you have the time I would ...
  A: Please follow the steps below for adding drop shadows for text or objects in photoshop. 1)Select ...
Importing Illurtrator vector paths to Photoshop6/8/2007
  Q: Im trying to find a way to import Illustrator paths to photoshop, I want these to be editable in ...
  A: there are many ways to do this, example: 1)Drag the illustrator object into Photoshop file. It then ...
True Grayscale6/6/2007
  Q: I am trying to convert a photo from color to grayscale in photoshop but I find that when I sample ...
  A: I assume you have converted the image to greyscale using "Image > Mode > Greyscale" method. The ...
Determining Hex Value for colour in graphic6/6/2007
  Q: I've created a couple of tiles with graduated colour that I can use to display as a background in my ...
  A: 1)Open the bitmap image in photoshop. 2)Zoom in(ctrl&+) so that its easy to pick the color 3)Select ...
linking and mailing a photoshop document6/4/2007
  Q: I created a flyer in photoshop and it needs to be sent as a mass mailing with the page linked to our ...
  A: so you want to create an html newsletter kinda thing right. Here's the way i do, i design the ...
Four color black vs. Standard black in PSCS26/4/2007
  Q: I work for a magazine, and am relatively new to pre-press for ads. I got an email from our printer ...
  A: You have to do little manual work here, but fortunately not entire re-design. 1) Open the document, ...
Correcting trapezoidal distortion6/3/2007
  Q: I have been provided several photographs which were take on picutes in a book. they were taken with ...
  A: there are two ways that i know of... 1) Go to image > canvas size and decrease the the size of the ...
pop art6/2/2007
  Q: I am looking to turn a picture into the "pop art" style from Andy Warhol. Any suggestions or ...
  A: explaining how to turn photographs into pop art is difficult here. However i can help you by ...
draw a triangle6/1/2007
  Q: i need to draw a scalene triangle and fill inside of it with black over white background also i am ...
  A: I'm not really clear with the question. However I'll try my best to help you, 1)Change the image ...
Embed Watermark5/22/2007
  Q: I have been putting allot of my art online and then the question was raised about others copying my ...
  A: here's the process of embedding a watermark into your art. 1) Open the watermark file (the ...
watermark4/6/2007
  Q: Can you use adobe photo shop to put a watermark on a jpg picture file? ~ please explain the process ...
  A: Yes you can do watermarking with photoshop. Here's how: 1) Open the logo file. Select all and copy ...
printing designs4/1/2007
  Q: . I would like to know what is the best preparation for any design to be printed .. is there any ...
  A: hope you don't mind me answering this questions which is for Lizal ;) Ok here are the checklists: ...
cutting out images3/29/2007
  Q: I have to cut images out and make the background disappear I've had a crash course i photoshop and ...
  A: Lets assume your picture is a person standing in front of a wall. You want to remove the wall right. ...
working with photo shop10/26/2006
  Q: I have a big problem in working photoshop7.ME , and that the computer is too slow! it s really ...
  A: Change "Maximum Used by Photoshop" to may be 70% (For this to work properly make sure you don't ...

All Questions in This Category

Adobe Photoshop

Kamal Krishna

Top Expert on this page