Adoption Issues/How to contact biological family, 1989 Florida?

Question
Hello, I am a 23 year old male adopted in Florida in 1989. Apparently at the tine I was adopted the state allowed my biological parents to hide all contact information etc. Is there any way now that i am 23 I can request this information? Or how should I go about re-uniting with my siblings/parents?

Thank you

Answer
Hello Ragnar,

The first step would be to go to the county where you were adopted and request your records.  It may require you to request it through the court system or vital records for your original birth certificate.  If this doesn't help, there are many websites and groups that may be helpful.  Unfortunately, I am not privy to the specifics of programs in Florida, but on the other hand, your biological parents could be anywhere by now.  Know that it could be a long frustrating process, but I pray it is worth it for you in the end.  

All the best,
Chandricka Mose  

Adoption Issues

Chandricka R. Mose, LCSW-C, LICSW, ACSW