Adoption Issues/adoption assistance

hello i am an adoptee. my mother has been recieving assistance for me since i was 7 years old. i am now 20, my assistance will be stoped when im 21. now since i was 18 she kicked me out but still recieving money. she has not been spending the money on me . at first she was paying my rent but thats it ... she has used the money to buy her self a new car and remodel her kitchen ... i just had a baby she is 3 months and i am in the process of being evicted cause she stopped using the money she gets for my needs . is there anything i can do about this . this is really urgent and i need some advice on what actions i should take to resolve this before my daughter and i are on the streets living in my car

Hello Desirae,
I'm sorry that this is happening.  Go to the local Department of social services where you were adopted or call the hotline # in that jurisdiction and tell them what's happening.  Tell them that you are about to be evicted because of it and they should assist you.  I hope that helps.

Chandricka Mose

Adoption Issues

Chandricka R. Mose, LCSW-C, LICSW, ACSW

EXTENSIVE!! I can answer questions about issues pertaining to foster care, treatment foster care, foster care to adopt matters, kinship care, reunification and homestudy concerns and process.

I have 20 years of experience ih this arena. I have worked in preventing youth from entering care and provided case management to youth and families in care. I have conducted and supervised training for foster and adoptive parents in both the presercive and inservice phases. I have conducted and supervised parenting skills training for parents seeking to regain custody of their children. I also held positions as program supervisor and director of foster care services. I am an advocate for youth, professionals and parents that find theselves involved in the foster care and/or adoption process. I have also experienced foster care and adoption personally as I grew up with a mom who provided foster care services and have two adopted siblings.

I am on the Advisory Committee of Kayla's Village. This is an advocacy and training organization for youth, professionals and parents involved with the child welfare system.

I have not been published, but serve as the social work expert at the Kayla's Village ask the expert free on-line service. I have also presented at a national conference on foster care and adoption issues.

I have a Bachelor of Social Work from Howard University and a Master of Science in Social Work from Columbia University. I am clinically licensed in both Maryland and Washington, DC.

I was once honored as Employee of the Year.