Adoption Issues/Mexican adoption

Question
On a mission trip to Mexico my husband and I met two boys 13 and 14 years old, orphans living at a boy's home.  Their aunt had custody but 3 years ago her rights were revoked and the state of Nuevo Leon took custody.  The boys stay at the boys home for the school year and are returned to the orphanage for vacations which is a constant source of anguish and pain for them.

We have become very close to the boys over the past year.  My husband and I have been foster parents off and on since 2000 and have had two home studies done but not by a Hague certified agency.  Is there any possibility that we might be able to adopt or somehow take custody of these boys in the future?  Or is there any way that we could gain permission for them to spend their vacations from the residential home with us in the US?

Answer
Dianne,
Thank you for your question.  Our advice is to speak to an attorney who is skilled in international custody and adoption as per the Hague.  Mexico is a Hague country.  Typically before any custody, visitation or adoption plans would need to be made, a determination of orphan status is required.  

We have found an expert in this topic, her information is below.  She is an immigration attorney and a Hague Specialist.

Nina Juncewicz, Esq. Juncewicz Law Group, P.C.
1645 Hertel Avenue
The Historic Sample Building
Buffalo New York 14216
njuncewicz@nfjlawgroup.com
(716) 836-1500

Best wishes to you,
Adoption STAR

Adoption Issues

Adoption STAR