Adoption Issues/fighting to get my children and baby back

2 years ago I was told to sign a section 20 or I wont see my kids again. my children were taken from me that same day, I was told for 7-9 months until assesments had been made. I was told that it would be the decision of a number of professionals, yet it was only one a Dr mcarthy phychologist, who works for the. adoption and children services. I had another baby to my ex boyfriend. not the father to my other three in care. they got us to sign a contract of expectations, and was happy for my baby to go home with her father. but sneaked into court and placed her into care. they said they had to carry out a assessment on  my ex. never having social involved . I was never given the proper assessments that were ment to be carried out . I was just refused the rights to my baby. 6 days I bonded with her and then they took her away from me . I had been told by courts that I could see my baby the day after. but social revoked this , saying I was to see her a week later and only once a week .I was feeding her myself and suffering depression. my ex talked me into snatching my baby back from contact. he come out on his contact with my baby and we was court and arrested. for child obduction. help I have been wrongly accused of neglect and emotional abuse. and refused to see my baby girl for the best part of a year. its killing me . is there anything I can do . I have signed nothing for my baby to be taken . she is in my maiden name only me on birth certificate .

Hello Sally Ann,

Although you've shared some details of your situation, I'm afraid that I don't feel that I have enough info to adequately advise you.  Nonetheless, whenever you are a parent pursuing reunification,  you MUST adhere to all court orders, attend hearings, meet thecexpectations of your social worker and have the ability to provide a safe and stable home for your children.  If you can demonstrate that your doing all those things consistently, you should be firmly on track to reunification.

Best Regards,
Chandricka Mose

Adoption Issues

Chandricka R. Mose, LCSW-C, LICSW, ACSW

EXTENSIVE!! I can answer questions about issues pertaining to foster care, treatment foster care, foster care to adopt matters, kinship care, reunification and homestudy concerns and process.

I have 20 years of experience ih this arena. I have worked in preventing youth from entering care and provided case management to youth and families in care. I have conducted and supervised training for foster and adoptive parents in both the presercive and inservice phases. I have conducted and supervised parenting skills training for parents seeking to regain custody of their children. I also held positions as program supervisor and director of foster care services. I am an advocate for youth, professionals and parents that find theselves involved in the foster care and/or adoption process. I have also experienced foster care and adoption personally as I grew up with a mom who provided foster care services and have two adopted siblings.

I am on the Advisory Committee of Kayla's Village. This is an advocacy and training organization for youth, professionals and parents involved with the child welfare system.

I have not been published, but serve as the social work expert at the Kayla's Village ask the expert free on-line service. I have also presented at a national conference on foster care and adoption issues.

I have a Bachelor of Social Work from Howard University and a Master of Science in Social Work from Columbia University. I am clinically licensed in both Maryland and Washington, DC.

I was once honored as Employee of the Year.