Adoption Issues/Not sure if you can help

First I'm in Canada but couldn't find an expert from Canada so it might be different here. But anyways here is the situation. I have a friend with major financial issues and she is looking to adopt or foster a child for the full purpose of receiving child support or a tax break/credit. And I do not think she should adopt or foster a child for this reason at all. And what I want to know is how can I alert any agency to her motives. For one thing she can barely support herself,let alone a child. And second she only wants to do this for money and I believe this is wrong

Hi Nicole-
As far as I know, there isn't much you can do to prevent this individual from becoming a foster or adoptive parent.  However, before we can take a child, she will have to go through a screening process with the agency that she applies to.  In the event that she asks you to submit a reference, that would give you an opportunity to indicate your apprehension.  
I would also point out that the issues that you cited regarding your friend might not be sufficient for an agency to disapprove your friend's application.  
If you learn that your friend has applied to a particular agency, you could always write the agency a letter indicating your concerns and you could even do it anonymously. However, your friend may also suspect that you wrote the letter and that could have consequences on your relationship.
If you had cited more serious problems, such a a criminal history your friend will try to hide, then I would say that you should write the letter or make a phone call to the agency.  However, you did not mention anything that rises to such a level.

Adoption Issues

Peter C. Winkler, CSW

I have experience with adoption subsidy, the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children and variety of other adoption related matters. I hope that I can be helpful to those who are considering adoption or would like to adopt a child.

I am a social worker with an MSW and I have over thirty years of experience in family and children's services. I have worked as Director of adoption services and of the Interstate Compact in a large state agency. I have also provided direct services to children and families in a preventive services program. I currently prepare adoption studies for those who are adopting domestically or internationally.

Masters in SW