You are here:

Adoption Issues/My daughter wants to foster her sisters 2 daughters


My daughter whos having problems taking care of her too children, would like her sister and partner to take care of them until she gets better like fostering, would she get help to look after them.

Hi Carol

Yes they would get support to look after them.  Her sister and partner would need to register as Friends and Family Carers.  If they contact the local Children's Services team they will be able to provide more advice on the local authority arrangements in their area.  

All the best

Adoption Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




I can answer questions about fostering in the UK - What's it like to be a foster carer? Who to go to for help? Experiences with troubled children. Attachment problems. Leaving care. Long term fostering. Dealing with birth families. Working with schools, statements, EBD schools.


I have been a foster carer and provided of supported lodgings for over ten years. We have cared for one boy from the age of 9 to 21 years. We have done short term respite care, one year seeing a sixteen year old girl through to leaving care and long term care for another another boy from age 10 to 18 years

Fostering Network

Educated to degree level

©2017 All rights reserved.