Adoption Issues/Fostering & Therapy

Question
My husband and I are considering becoming foster parents. We attended an orientation meeting and they said that we will need to give permission for the agency to speak to my counselor. I understand the need for this completely but I wondered if there's a way to know what questions they will be asking and if the information will be disclosed to my husband?  I value the work that I am doing with my therapist and want it to remain a space where I can be open and honest without having to censor myself knowing that what I say could be repeated to my husband in some way.

Answer
Hello A,
To my knowledge,  the questions are pretty general and should not jeopardize your confidentiality.  In my experience, there are just questions about diagnosis, prognosis and any concerns the therapist may have about you caring for a child.  

I hope that helps,
Chandricka Mose

Adoption Issues

Chandricka R. Mose, LCSW-C, LICSW, ACSW