Adoption Issues/adopting my step-daugther

Question
This is similar to the question asked on: Expert: Adoption STAR - 6/2/2013.

I got married and my wife had a three years old girl that I love very much and we are taking care of her since then. My daughter is now 7 years old. I married the mother in Peru (they were both born in Peru) and recently both become US citizens. The biological father left when she was 1 year old and we don't have information on his whereabouts at all. We search him in the internet, friends, family, etc and nothing. I will like to adopt her for good and initiate the adoption process. We live in FL. Please advise on how to proceed? Thanks. Ney R.

Answer
Thank you for your question.  We recommend contacting an attorney who specializes in family law or adoption.  Many frequently conduct step parent adoptions.  It is very common. Here is a good description on how to go about adopting your step-daughter. https://www.myfloridalaw.com/child-custody-law/step-parent-adoption-florida/

Best wishes to  you.

http://www.adoptionstar.com

Adoption STAR, Inc.

Adoption Issues

Adoption STAR