Adoptive Parenting/Son showing aggression towards women

Question
Hi!

I recently adopted my grand nephews who were abused by my niece and put into foster care 6 years ago. I have had them for almost a year. I am noticing one of my sons who received the brunt of the abuse is very aggressive towards women. Do you have any advice on how to help him get through his anger and learn to be better with girls/women? Please let me know.

Thanks!!!

Answer
Hi Stephanie!
    I can only share what I'd do in the same situation, and you know your boys better than I do. However, I'd definitely look into taking them for some therapy. All adoptive children suffer loss and in some cases, trauma. Sounds like the years of abuse have caused some problems that you're now starting to see. You should be able to contact your county's foster and family services department and see what assistance they can provide.

Best of luck to you!!

Adoptive Parenting

Cathy Walker